This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 playing with medium stack

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $22,24
      Hero:
      $5,41

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 7 folds, UTG+1 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) J:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, UTG+1 calls $1,00.

Turn: ($5,35) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0,25, Hero raises to $2,91 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $2,66.

River: ($11,17) J:club:

Final Pot: $11,17

I still hoped he would fold whatever he had:) Against QJ, I have 13 outs, so I decided to go directly all-in. I could of course call turn bet, but that means that I have to fold river ui. His turn bet was really strange and I put him also on the draw.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $27,94
      Hero:
      $6,89

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:spade: , 9:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,25, SB calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,75) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,75, SB calls $2,75.

River: ($10,25) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10,25

Cold call on the dry board. I decided to make turn bet for two reasons:
      - I still might be ahead and I don´t want him to draw out cheaply
      - this was also kind of block bet. If he really has smt he may check/call turn and then try check/raise on the river. If I don´t bet turn he could raise river with any cards and I don´t know where I am so basically I hoped to get free showdown

3)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB folds, BB raises to $4,60 (All-In), Hero calls $3,60.

Flop: ($9,30) 5:diamond: , J:club: , 8:spade:
      Turn: ($9,30) 3:heart:
      River: ($9,30) J:diamond:

Final Pot: $9,30

These German SSS players have started to raise from CO and BU mostly with any two cards, also they tend to go all-in with any Ax or pocket pair. I´ve just doubled before when CO raised, and I pushed with AQ (flop AA9:) ). Then I found 99 on the BU and easy raise again, against his push, it should be ok to call, because he might push almost with any two overcards.
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1)Small donk-bet is usually not much of a hand (at NL10). I'd bet something like $2.25 on the flop.

As played I'd call turn since you probably have no FE and a cheap card is OK here.

2)Betting $2.25 on the flop gives you a nice sized turn push. Not getting your stack in here is leaving money on the table IMO.

3)Trust your reads and they will improve. NH.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      1) Since you didn't hit anything I would just call his smalls bets on the flop and the turn and hope to improve.

2) & 3) I agree with Nunki

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81