[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aa

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A
      UTG bets $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55) Q, 6, 8 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.70, UTG raises to $4, Hero raises to $14.90 (All-In), UTG calls $9.30 (All-In)

Turn: ($29.15) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($29.15) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $29.15 | Rake: $1.45

This hand was my biggest loss hand today, I really was thinking about folding on the flop but he was a real LAG player so I pushed was it wrong?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Saying he's a "LAG" isn't really enough to make a good decision in that spot. Bad lags will indeed call lots of 3bet and spazz out with anything postflop. Good lags will not put 150bb on the line to mess with you unless they have your perceived range (KK+) smoked, or at least a good draw in case you've been giving them a lot of action. Figuring out which kind he is will be the difference between getting 150bb in as a favorite or as a huge underdog in that spot.

Since you have the nutflush blocker it's less likely he's doing that with a good draw. Maybe something like 9c8c, tho most players would be happy just calling the c-bet with that hand. Maybe he does that with AQ/KQ if you've have a bit of history, but same thing most players would be happy calling the c-bet with those hands. Obviously he'll do exactly that always with sets and all of these are in his range.

I'd still go broke by default but it's really hard to give an answer without having played with him. If he's some kind of 43/20/2 fish calling every 3bet i'm happily shoving, if he's some 26/21/4 reg with autorebuy on (likely rare at nl10) i'm sad because i expect to get shown 66/88 a lot when he makes a committing raise there. From his bet sizing so far he seems to know what he's doing (4x preflop, he raised the flop just enough to be able to shove the turn for a potsize bet while giving you some illusion of fold equity for 10$ more), so i wouldn't be thrilled to get it in.

Hope it helps.