[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Tq

• metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      At the beginning I tried to steal pot with a slight overbet and present strenght since many players limped in and I thought Id get em to fold. Then I hit top pair (TT) so tried scaring em off, but villain had JJ... had no friggin idea he d have that.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $4,98
      MP1:
      $5,05
      CO:
      $3,85
      Hero:
      $2,00

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,08, MP1 calls $0,08, CO folds.

Flop: ($0,35) T:heart: , 6:spade: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,14, UTG2 calls $0,14, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($0,63) 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,63) A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0,63

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of tens (Ts Qd)
      UTG2 shows a pair of jacks (Jd Js)

UTG2 wins with a pair of jacks (Jd Js)
  • 2 replies
    • metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      whoops sorry mistake post.... first one counts
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Provided they're bad you're raising for value in position, i'd make it closer to $0.14. They'll still call with hands you dominate so you can feel pretty good valuebetting a top pair, and they'll call with a bunch of crap hands that they'll fold on the flop when they miss, so overall lots of value for us to get in there.

On the flop i'm betting bigger, $0.25 will do fine, it's hard for them to have anything that beat us but 99-77/6x/Tx/hearts/78/97/98 are all hands they could have and call at least a bet with, so again, lot of value to be had.

As played turn is mostly a blank, not really a spot we should be looking to pot control against the fish especially after betting the flop so small, so i'm betting again. $0.45 looks fine.

As played river mostly depends on what kind of player you think he is. Because you didn't bet the turn and you bet the flop really small he could still show up with a lot of Ax crap. Two main questions: if he had Ax would he donkbet the river himself, and if he doesn't have Ax, will he tend to be scared of the A or will he be suspicious that you're bluffing at that card? Most of us would still likely valuebet that card on the river all day long, but then again we wouldn't have checked back the turn to begin with.

Hope it helps.