UTG Motobarbie ($10.51)
      UTG+1 manta49 ($6.03)
      CO amac92 ($11.71)
      BTN Hero ($7.55)
      SB dening ($6.83)
      BB Jo_Black ($9.70)

Pre-Flop: ($0.09, 6 players) Hero is BTN A:heart: 8:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 1 fold, Jo_Black calls $0.18

Flop: 10:heart: 7:heart: 6:spade: ($0.51, 2 players)
      Jo_Black checks, Hero checks

Turn: 5:club: ($0.51, 2 players)
      Jo_Black bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.48, Jo_Black calls $0.36

River: 9:spade: ($1.47, 2 players)
      Jo_Black bets $0.42, Hero raises to $1.50, Jo_Black calls $1.08

I decide not to c-bet given the loose villain, the wet board, and my draw. The turn gives an OESD and I make a semi bluff. My draw completes on the river and villain donks. It seems like a block bet and I likely have the nuts (only 1 hand beats me) so I go for a reraise for value.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd also check back the flop barring a read that he's calling lots of Ax Kx Qxs + any two broadways hands in the blind, in which case he still has whiffed this flop with a lot of his range and betting to take it down has merit.

Turn is fine unless you've seen him make these smallish bets to induce, in which case i'd rather call since getting 3bet would suck hard. He can make that as some kind of small valuebet / blockbet with any one of the trillions one pair + draw hands he could have. Some of them he'll fold to our turn raise, some of them he'll call with.

As played on the river you definitely have to raise that for value, i think you're chopping a good amount but since he's bad there are a lot of two pairs hands he might not be able to lay down.

Hope it helps.