MP1 blondtoy ($10.60)
      MP2 deano790 ($11.16)
      MP3 Hero ($5.37)
      CO amac92 ($9.22)
      BTN Tom6900 ($7.59)
      SB jmspoker ($10.60)
      BB Barbara_1967 ($8.56)

Pre-Flop: ($0.09, 9 players) Hero is MP3 10:club: A:diamond:
      1 fold, Acardipane calls $0.06, blondtoy calls $0.06, deano790 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.54, 4 folds, Acardipane folds, blondtoy raises to $6, deano790 folds, Hero ???

This line seems really weird to me, thoughts on action? It really feels like he's trying to buy the pot with a large overbet noone really wants to call.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not quite sure what to make of it myself, but i doubt you're willing to stake a buy-in on the fact that ATo is in good shape in that spot. I have seen people overlimp QQ+ sometimes and wake up after a few reraises it's not unheard of, but barely any of them made a 10x reraise with these.

If he had been totally erratic and i got the feeling he might be trying to bully everyone in that spot i'd probably be willing to call the shove with something like AJs+/77+, but ATo feels really really borderline without a better read it's likely not worth it.

Hope it helps.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      I'd usually be pretty wary of limp-shovers at this limit. If they try to pull it off again then you can treat it with less respect but in my experience they've usually been dealt a monster under the gun and been terrified of not seeing any action.

It's not something I do myself, but some friends who play a lot of live poker swear by the limp-raise on aggressive tables when you're dealt a monster out of position. It gives you a fishy table image and puts people off their game. How else can you get someone to even consider calling a 100BB raise with A10?
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wquinn636
      I'd usually be pretty wary of limp-shovers at this limit. If they try to pull it off again then you can treat it with less respect but in my experience they've usually been dealt a monster under the gun and been terrified of not seeing any action.

It's not something I do myself, but some friends who play a lot of live poker swear by the limp-raise on aggressive tables when you're dealt a monster out of position. It gives you a fishy table image and puts people off their game. How else can you get someone to even consider calling a 100BB raise with A10?
      Except he's mid position lol.