This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL6 weird line PF

• buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      $0.03/$0.06 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Mupfel42 ($5.89)
      UTG+1 Acardipane ($9.94)
      MP1 blondtoy ($10.60)
      MP2 deano790 ($11.16)
      MP3 Hero ($5.37)
      CO amac92 ($9.22)
      BTN Tom6900 ($7.59)
      SB jmspoker ($10.60)
      BB Barbara_1967 ($8.56)

Pre-Flop: ($0.09, 9 players) Hero is MP3 10:club: A:diamond:
      1 fold, Acardipane calls $0.06, blondtoy calls $0.06, deano790 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.54, 4 folds, Acardipane folds, blondtoy raises to $6, deano790 folds, Hero ???

This line seems really weird to me, thoughts on action? It really feels like he's trying to buy the pot with a large overbet noone really wants to call.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not quite sure what to make of it myself, but i doubt you're willing to stake a buy-in on the fact that ATo is in good shape in that spot. I have seen people overlimp QQ+ sometimes and wake up after a few reraises it's not unheard of, but barely any of them made a 10x reraise with these.

If he had been totally erratic and i got the feeling he might be trying to bully everyone in that spot i'd probably be willing to call the shove with something like AJs+/77+, but ATo feels really really borderline without a better read it's likely not worth it.

Hope it helps.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      I'd usually be pretty wary of limp-shovers at this limit. If they try to pull it off again then you can treat it with less respect but in my experience they've usually been dealt a monster under the gun and been terrified of not seeing any action.

It's not something I do myself, but some friends who play a lot of live poker swear by the limp-raise on aggressive tables when you're dealt a monster out of position. It gives you a fishy table image and puts people off their game. How else can you get someone to even consider calling a 100BB raise with A10?
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wquinn636
      I'd usually be pretty wary of limp-shovers at this limit. If they try to pull it off again then you can treat it with less respect but in my experience they've usually been dealt a monster under the gun and been terrified of not seeing any action.

It's not something I do myself, but some friends who play a lot of live poker swear by the limp-raise on aggressive tables when you're dealt a monster out of position. It gives you a fishy table image and puts people off their game. How else can you get someone to even consider calling a 100BB raise with A10?
      Except he's mid position lol.