Playing smaller pp's

• Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      this is probably the thing that makes the least sense to me for FR anytime I get jacks or less and i open raise given correct position. Given that im playing micros i almost always get atleast 2 callers, then when the flop comes 90% of the time atleast there are over cards, if they donk into me i have to fold dont I because im drawing to only two outs?

And if i bet and they call, should i even keep betting with more than one overcard on board for the next streets?

seems like im losing alot of money open raising smaller pocket pairs because if it makes to the flop i can almost never play them out
  • 2 replies
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Pocketpairs have showdown value just by themselves. You don't have to fold to all boards that have overcards, think about your opponents ranges and how likely it is that he has hit.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      A lot of the time you can just fold in a 3-handed pot with 2+ overcards if it's donked into you, with 1 overcard it's quite a bit harder to fold and there's gonna be a lot of situations you can't fold there.

Post hands of these specific situations and over time you will gain a feel for these spots.