[NL20-NL50] nl25 A3s flush draw

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      only 50 odd hands 36/11.. question is should I throw out a second barrel in your opinion. I had been pretty aggressive pflop and making contibets most times, people were starting to play back at me... I didn't give him top pair based on his weak donk bet, but i wasn't sure if he would actually fold a second barrel.. I guess the question is what would you do?

edit: sorry, just remembered that for me the crux was the river... I thought about putting out a nice fat river bet, and try and force him off what I thought he may have, like mid pair or something..

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $26.74
      BB:
      $41.17
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $21.70
      CO(Hero):
      $61.88

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 7, K, J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.1) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.1) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $6.1.
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I think I would just call him on this flop - he gives you great odds and you might not have much fold equity against him here.
      Raising is not that bad probably, but then you have to barrel the turn again when you improve to pair + nut fd to get him off a J, medium pocket or a weak K. By checking back you have to fold river unimproved to any action from him.
      As played I wouldn't barrel the river as he won't fold a King and probably won't fold a strong Jack, he would only fold a missed draw which you are ahead of sometimes.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      being deep, ip with very good draw I would raise flop and bet big on the turn
      I think he would fold there anything less than strong Kx hand
      even if you get c/r turn you can b/c, since you´re deep and enough outs even against set or two pair