How can you determine the following information?

• lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      Hi!

Well I had been studying latelly the maths of poker, specially the EV equation and its applications.

Well as you may know there are some information in the EV equation like the FE (Folding Equity) and the porcentage our opponent do some action, for example the percentage our opponent call our raise.

Well in the examples given by pokerstrategy this information is filled.
      However I dont know how can I determine this information if it is not filled, the equity is easy to determine, but what about Folding equity? and %calls our bet?...

I just wonder on which stats in the tracker this information is represented and how many hands of our opponent should we have for this information to be accurate.

Thanks in advance!
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You have to estimate your fold equity by yourself. There is no way to get a good stat about this. I guess you could look at stats like fold to cbet, fold cbet to raise, fold to turn raise etc (those are in HEM atleast) but it's not enough, you have to look at the situation and think about your opponents range instead.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Preflop is quite easy, just give the opponent a sensible calling range for your 3bet for example and see what part of his open raising/limping range that is. The remaining percentage is your FE. Adjust with person other tendencies. Try also moving his calling range and see how the results change.

Postflop is a bit harder, since is much harder to extimate ranges, but is basically the same concept.
    • lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      Ok thank you very much ;)