SSS SHC raises with limpers

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm pretty new to SSS, and I was just wondering.. according to the SHC I should raise in late position/blinds with 77, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, KQ, AJ, AQ, and AK if no one has raised, but what if there are limpers should I still raise? or tighten up my range?

Thx,
      Sarah
  • 8 replies
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Like strategy says: 4bb rise + 1bb for every limper, 2bb for every minrise. Some SS players suggest that its profitable to use wider calling range in blinds, BU, CO if there are like 4+ limpers, thats probably cause of impled odds.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      It depends a lot on the limper. If he folds a lot you can go even wider than SHC. This is called Isolating as you try to play the pot in position aganst one opponent.

If you are no sure use these criteriums:

How likely is the fish to fold to my flop Cbet?
      Are there loose players after me, resulting in a likely and unprofitable 3way pot?
      How loose is the player I'm isolating, therefore how does my hand fare against his possible holdings?

But most important of all, Do I have position on him!!!
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Thx a lot guys, some very useful advice :)
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      this raise 4bb +1 per limper can sux if u dont hit the flop with most of your range AK AQ AJ 1010 99 88 77

if u have 2 limpers before u and they are very lose vp of 40+ then shoving all in from the bu sb or bb with your normal range can be very profitable, particularly when u are called by a fish with trash.
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Originally posted by Ishindar
      this raise 4bb +1 per limper can sux if u dont hit the flop with most of your range AK AQ AJ 1010 99 88 77

if u have 2 limpers before u and they are very lose vp of 40+ then shoving all in from the bu sb or bb with your normal range can be very profitable, particularly when u are called by a fish with trash.
      What if one of the limpers has AA ?
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze

Then of course you fold!!
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin

Then of course you fold!!
      no dont fold. better to put your batman costume on and zap the bastard :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grailer
      Originally posted by Ishindar

you suck out.