This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh: AQs squeezed

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $68,25
      Hero:
      $50,75
      CO:
      $73,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      CO raises to $2,00, BU folds, SB calls $1,75, Hero raises to $8,00, CO calls $6,00, SB calls $6,00.

Flop: ($24,00) 6:spade: , 6:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $19,00, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $24,00

I didnt expect SB to fold many hands preflop, so playing him HU IP postflop with such hand was the goal. Once they both called, bet/shove flop?
      What's the optimal line on the flop after SB's check?
  • 3 replies
    • AlanMufc
      AlanMufc
      Bronze
      Personally i'd bet 15 on the flop with the intention of checking behind on the turn. My reasoning is you're not getting many better hands to fold with a second barrel on the turn and this way you can still stck him when you hit the flush.
      Obviously calling a shove on the flop.
      but i think you played it pretty well.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      3bet bigger to isolate SB more to like $9-$9.5

As played bet $14-$19 is okay but if you know CO is aggressive, check/shove against him may also be viable, especially when it goes like this:
      Opal checks, CO bets x, SB calls x, Opal shoves Y
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet pf is fine
      not sure about check/shove, since not sure how often co would b/f there
      I think you gain most fold equity if you bet/shove 15$ on the flop and if get called then shove even ui. Of course if you hit your flush or Q/A you can bet small or check to induce bet from worse hands and you can always shove anyway river if turn goes c/c