Hero ($5.16)
      MP1 ($2.74)
      MP2 ($5.41)
      CO ($2.65)
      BTN ($3.12)
      SB ($3.56)
      BB ($1.45)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is UTG+1 10:spade: Q:club:
      1 fold, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BTN raises to $0.08, 1 fold, BB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: J:diamond: Q:diamond: 8:diamond: ($0.25, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BTN raises to $0.62, BB folds, Hero calls $0.44

Turn: A:club: ($1.49, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.30, $2.3 to Hero ($4.46)?

BTN is 97/88 in 60 hands! His total AF is 2.25 Regards.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd probably either fold or raise with it first in no matter what, even if BTN is 3-betting every single time i don't mind a bigger pot, the plan being to stack off with any pair against guy regardless of what he does, might even be better if the pot is big enough for us to get it in in two streets.

As played monotone flops are tricky, especially against maniacs because we are never in that good a shape against his plethora of lone diamonds trash hands with or without another piece of the board. I think calling and going broke on a non diamond turn is a good compromise. The A is not the best card, he's obviously spazzing out with a bunch of these, that being said if he's bluffing it's also a card he'll try to represent a lot of the time, so i'm still not folding. I'd just shove over his turn bet and hope for the best. If you have a better read on his postflop tendencies it might not be a good idea, but readless i'm just assuming he needs NOTHING to raise and go insane.

It's obviously very high variance but if you keep folding to the maniacs they'll run you over and bust to somebody else, because unless they're on a crazy heater they usually don't last that long.

Hope it helps.