Guinnes World Record Tournament at Pokerstars!!

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      it's happening right now guys. i've just seen it and registered myself, the Buy-in is $1. and if you don't have that -.- there are satellites lmao.

This is your chance to play in the largest online poker tournament in history, and be part of a Guinness World Record. We’re aiming to beat our previous World Record of 65,000 players, set in July 2009. And with a buy-in of just $1, it’s easy for everyone to take part.

Here’s what you need to know about the Guinness World Record attempt tournament:

Sunday, December 27 at 14:45 ET

$300,000 guaranteed prize pool

$1 buy-in

More players than our previous World Record of 65,000, set July 19, 2009
      Registration is now open!

Satellites available in a range of buy ins

To find the tournament, go to the PokerStars Lobby and select ‘Tourney’ and ‘All’ or ‘Special’. You can also use the Tourney Filter in the Lobby to search for the tournament name. To use the filter, open the PokerStars Lobby and enter the word ’record’. The Filter will then search all tournaments and provide you with the relevant results.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/world-record/

registered players: 149.169

A new world record! (duh)

and 415k players online at stars :O

First place prize: $50.000

The chance you win big isn't big, but i think it is still fun to enter.. you never know.. someone has to win that first place prize right?

just 800 ppl from 150k that must suck xD
  • 37 replies
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      i'm in and im sure many more here will be. We should keep postin throughout like a team poker strategy hand by hand updates lol.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I will :D i don't really expect to win big, but the first place prize looks like it will be atleast $25k as its 300k guaranteed :f_eek:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I will, I made a final table yesterday and couldn't go the distance. I'm hoping I can do it right today.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Failed to qualify with my remaining 19 FPP :f_frown: damn luckboxes outlucking me :f_o:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      final tabling this tournament is alot different then playing your usual tournament..

Blinds rise every 5 mins which pretty much means its a push/fold tournament unless you run very good in the whole tournament, in which case you have still been very lucky because your getting so many hands.
      Its the same structure as the freeroll i've been playing every week for the last 3 months.

So yeah i think i have a good chance of cashing if i win a few coinflips.

This is the biggest tournament ever.. there's really nothing you can compare it to..
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'm in it as well, hoping the fact that I play turbo MTTs all the time might give me a bit of an edge :D But this isn't the one I'm hoping to win today :s_cool: Although the prize should be nice the field is way waaay WWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too big for anyone to feel confident of making the final table.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      I'm in it as well, hoping the fact that I play turbo MTTs all the time might give me a bit of an edge :D But this isn't the one I'm hoping to win today :s_cool: Although the prize should be nice the field is way waaay WWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too big for anyone to feel confident of making the final table.
      except for ihufa ;)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      the 9 luckiest players will reach the final table. not the best 9 players. that's a fact. there's no way in hell you can reach the final table unless your running like Joe Cada at the WSOP.

Ahwell, my weekly freeroll is starting :) GL to me, maybe i can win back the buyin for the weekly $1tournament and the world record tournament :) same blind structure so its a good warm up :)

Freeroll going bad. not hitting my draws. when i do not really getting payed off. and just lost A-K vs A-10 when there was a 10 on flop, he bets i calls and then an A on turn -.- he slowplayed it nicely though.
      I can't believe this lol, so many good hands and yet i still bust. i cash like 70% of the time in that freeroll >.< look at this hand, which pretty much killed me. played it exactly so that donkey's like him would pay me off...after that had 10-K 5BB left i shoved but lost vs JJ..

G0TsHut StR@iGht dRuw iZ t3h NuTz
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      It has started! The biggest online tournament ever!

I expected alot more replies in this thread here but oh well. GL all!, i will update here :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I also signed up ;) I wonder how many minutes I'll last..
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I'm still in it, i've just had a very nasty bad beat with AA vs 4-3 suited. I mean come on? he was in big blind but why would you call 100 more (BB 50) when the chances you win are extremely low.

just now i had 77 and 12 BB left. i decided to call the bb.. the same person who won against me with the 3-4 raises to 400.. i just decided to gamble a bit and shoved all in, he had K-Q suited and i double up

some donkey can't laydown A high so i lose some chips trying to bluff. i should stick to my rule to avoid bigstacks as much as possible since they usualy are running very good.. down to 15BB after a few lost pots..
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      420000 people is the most I've ever seen on pokerstars at one time?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      hmm i've never seen this much.

i just made a very nice shove with second pair. He raised to 360 preflop then bet 120 on the flop. with Q-J-8, i have J-K. very unusual bet if you have a pair of queens, i decided to shove and just trust my instincts that he doesn't have a Q. he might have had a J-A, but very hard to call an all in with just second pair.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      My downfall...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP3 (t1280)
      CO (t1745)
      Button (t1670)
      SB (t1940)
      Hero (BB) (t2140)
      UTG (t2670)
      UTG+1 (t2015)
      UTG+2 (t1950)
      MP1 (t6445)
      MP2 (t1955)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, K
      2 folds, UTG+2 bets t90, 2 folds, MP3 calls t90, CO calls t90, Button calls t90, 1 fold, Hero calls t60

Flop: (t465) K, A, 9 (5 players)
      Hero bets t350, 2 folds, CO calls t350, Button calls t350

Turn: (t1515) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets t1700 (All-In), CO calls t1305 (All-In), Button calls t1230 (All-In)

River: (t5355) A (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t5355

Results:
      Button had K, Q (two pair, Aces and Kings).
      Hero had 9, K (two pair, Aces and Kings).
      CO had J, 10 (straight, Ace high).
      Outcome: CO won t5355

Doubled up my remaining 395 with 99 after this, but was eventaully eliminated by SB with AQc after my 9bb push with J9o from BU.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      well that was it for me.. i busted ~80k. very dissapointed.

I bust in freeroll before cash

then the A-7 offsuit vs A-K offsuit finishing 180th/950 so 80 places outside the cash. in the $1 tournament.

and just now i have A-8 suited in the SB with 8BB left person behind me has only a bit more chips. So ofcourse i shove, he would fold 90%+ of the time. but nope.

he has A-K and i bust...

>.< now i really understand why its better to shove with hands like 7-8 suited then A-8.

GL to all of you.. just not my day >.<
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      So sick after 1 hour and 7 minutes already 75k people busted o_O

I am just hanging around 3,5k or so and will start pushing a lot now
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      The only good thing about this tourny is the turbo levels. Everything else is just crap really. I've managed to win over 2 xtra stacks but I'll also be taking a lot of chances ... hardly worth playing if u don't make it in the top 15 winners. So let's GAMBOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Ya with these ultra sick antes and blinds its gambooool time now :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Was pushing anything late position due to 1,2k deadmoney. Got called by KJs but my T8s held ;)

9k chips and the gamboling continues