This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KK vs Allin from Tight player

• PSantosPoker
      PSantosPoker
      Global
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($2.76)
      Hero ($5.06)
      MP2 ($4.80)
      CO ($1.57)
      BTN ($5.03)
      SB ($4.94)
      BB ($0.99)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is MP1 K:diamond: K:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BTN goes all-in $5.03, 2 folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $4.93

Flop: 5:spade: 8:diamond: 9:diamond: ($10.19, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 3:spade: ($10.19, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 2:spade: ($10.19, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $10.19
      Hero shows a pair of Kings
      K:diamond: K:heart:
      BTN shows a pair of Aces
      A:spade: A:diamond:

Well BTN stats are 8/0 in 95 hands he is a rly tight player. What should i do in this situations? What about the preflop call? Regards.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet it preflop, you're kinda deep with UTG+1 and we have a premium hand, certainly putting more money in the pot in position works to our advantage.

When tight BTN comes in jamming for 250bb effective he has a range of exactly { miss-clicks, AA }. It makes no sense for him to even jam KK, since he'll only get called by KK+, most likely only by AA from thinking players.

When coming up i've looked up quite a bunch of these shoves and i've been shown AA almost all the time. There are some guys out there who ALWAYS open jam with AA, figuring somebody will find a call for some reason (they can't fold QQ+, they think it's a miss-click ;) ). Few exceptions being usually 100bb miss-click shoves with garbage. And even then, you'll still lose with KK like 16% of the time against a random hand (not always random since on some sites players just use the all-in button instead of the raise-pot button by mistake, so they'll sometimes still show up with strong stuff).

Also, tight players are usually fairly focused on not screwing up, they don't miss-click that often.

Bottom line is i'd save myself the variance and fold, especially if he goes on saying stuff like "miss-click :( " in the chat :D

Hope it helps.