UTG+1 ($2.76)
      Hero ($5.06)
      MP2 ($4.80)
      CO ($1.57)
      BTN ($5.03)
      SB ($4.94)
      BB ($0.99)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is MP1 K:diamond: K:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BTN goes all-in $5.03, 2 folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $4.93

Flop: 5:spade: 8:diamond: 9:diamond: ($10.19, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 3:spade: ($10.19, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 2:spade: ($10.19, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $10.19
      Hero shows a pair of Kings
      K:diamond: K:heart:
      BTN shows a pair of Aces
      A:spade: A:diamond:

Well BTN stats are 8/0 in 95 hands he is a rly tight player. What should i do in this situations? What about the preflop call? Regards.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet it preflop, you're kinda deep with UTG+1 and we have a premium hand, certainly putting more money in the pot in position works to our advantage.

When tight BTN comes in jamming for 250bb effective he has a range of exactly { miss-clicks, AA }. It makes no sense for him to even jam KK, since he'll only get called by KK+, most likely only by AA from thinking players.

When coming up i've looked up quite a bunch of these shoves and i've been shown AA almost all the time. There are some guys out there who ALWAYS open jam with AA, figuring somebody will find a call for some reason (they can't fold QQ+, they think it's a miss-click ;) ). Few exceptions being usually 100bb miss-click shoves with garbage. And even then, you'll still lose with KK like 16% of the time against a random hand (not always random since on some sites players just use the all-in button instead of the raise-pot button by mistake, so they'll sometimes still show up with strong stuff).

Also, tight players are usually fairly focused on not screwing up, they don't miss-click that often.

Bottom line is i'd save myself the variance and fold, especially if he goes on saying stuff like "miss-click :( " in the chat :D

Hope it helps.