Heads up in turbo sngs?

• pk1234
      pk1234
      Bronze
      Ive been playing turbo sngs 1.5$ for the last few days with really good success. Ive maybe about 10$ everyday (which is good for me atleast!), however I have a problem... I often loose when theres only 2 of us. I follow the Four standard charts for the push-or-fold stage in bronze articles, but in headsup it doesnt work as well as when theres 3 or more players.

Even bigger problem is when we get to the final before the blinds get high, and we both have more than 13bb. Theres an article for headsup in sng tournaments, but its for gold so I dont know what to do...

Btw I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about odds, and it somehow came to me saying that going all in on flop with a monsterdraw is good, him saying its not. Im not really profficient with odds etc, but I came to a 54% chance to get a straight/flush/straight flush, is it correct?
  • 5 replies
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      check the silver acticle - SAGE (sit and go end-game), that should be very helpfull to you. In general, loosen up, play your broadways and aces like they're the nuts and dont try to get too cute
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pk1234
      Btw I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about odds, and it somehow came to me saying that going all in on flop with a monsterdraw is good, him saying its not. Im not really profficient with odds etc, but I came to a 54% chance to get a straight/flush/straight flush, is it correct?
      This is right yeah if you're talking about making the draw on or before the river.
    • pk1234
      pk1234
      Bronze
      Thanks that looks just like the thing Im looking for. The table only continues to 7bb though, is there a once going to 10bb? Would it just add 1 to both the power index numbers with each bb, which is why they didnt continue it?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I would say download the ICM trainer and practice with it, it really helps.

You will learn to understand how it's better to shove with 7-8 suited then A-7 for example. (well that mostly applies in normal sng's/tournaments. the reason for that is when you get called you opponent will way more often have A-J, A-K for example and your hopelessly behind. And with suited connectors you have live cards almost always + straight and flush draws possibvle)

I've been playing HU sng for a while now. haven't really played many (about 80) and i would say the best advice i could give you.

Change your playing style according to your opponent. If they are tight play agressive. If they are very agressive then slowplay them. If they are calling stations don't try to bluff them because they usualy can't fold their lowest/second pair).

Also when your telling a story, stick to it. i only played 4 HU sng last session i will show you some examples. Although my reads are pretty damn good so you might not wanna be as agressive as me if your reads aren't that good..

Scary boards, prefect to bluff on (this includes flops with Aces and pairs)

Don't let a big stack push you around

Don't give up to quickly

When the blinds increase it's actualy easier when your a good heads up player. Because stealing blinds give you alot more chips, i rarely lose when the blinds are up to 25/50 (starting stack 1500).

Oh i just realised you meant single table SNGheads up and not HU sng those are quite different. Well it's very important to be very agressive in those. Just shove alot. I will just keep what i wrote already it might help you a little anyway. I really suggest practicing with the ICM.
    • pk1234
      pk1234
      Bronze
      Yeah, im pretty good at the icm program,finished the program on first try. Just have a problem with the heads up... I think I play too little hands... but in theory since the charts tell you how to play when ur bb and someone raises from sb, or with what to go all in when ur sb... It should be right.

I mean if it says I should go all in with Ax when I have less then y bb if Im sb, it shouldnt change when theres less players.