[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQ 3spades board

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($3.10)
      CO ($2.94)
      Hero (Button) ($1.85)
      SB ($7.28)
      BB ($3.13)
      UTG ($0.72)
      UTG+1 ($9.30)
      MP1 ($10.69)
      MP2 ($2.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, Q
      UTG calls $0.10, 4 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.60, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.95) 4, K, 2 (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero raises to $1.25 (All-In), 1 fold, CO calls $1.05

Turn: ($4.45) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.45) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

vilian is 44/6 fish CO from 16hands sample
      so when he bet I think ok he have something like King with worse kicker than me and maybe 1spade
      in equilator I have 5% more equity than him but my question is did I made good decision on this board with all thouse spades (how this board is called?) and vs 2 opponents.

I have problem when my raise got called I go all in on any flop i with overpairs .most of the time when I have overpairs I want them to fold but even the board is with full of high cards that I think they could have Like AQ5

or having JJ and board is KQ4 do I go all in when there is like two bigger cards and my opponts may have them?

Some fishes calls my allin with low pair so when I think that my opponent hit his pair do I bet allin when im OOP in hopes to hit my overpair or I need to check\fold

when opponent checks i go all in for fold equity. I know this is not BBS but those allins with nothing makes me thinks maybe its not that good to do this afcourse sometime they fold but sometimes they call with lowest pair and I if dont catch my Aces or kings im dead.

so do I need to learn to fold playing SSS?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You do not want to call because most likely you would be 3way on the Turn hence resulting in a lower equity for you.

Since you got toppair, it is true you are mostly flipping against J:sJ or A:s2 kind of hand but since your stack is $1.25 and the pot is already $1.95, it is already +EV to do this ( you have to win less than 50% to be breakeven )

So I play this hand like you, folding is like giving up the 50% equityshare of the pot.

The only overpair that exists now is pocket aces so I think you mix up some terms ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      im bit off topic there with overpair was a question what to do if I have like AQ or AK and I raise and get caller and I totaly miss the flop.99% of the time I do Al because C-bet is imposible because of my stack size. so yeah I miss the flop and flop is like JK2 and I think they easily have Jacks or kings and most of the time the dont fold to my all in so it is good to do this with overpairs like AK AQ on similar board where is two or even three big cards that my apponent often will hit
      vilian at this hand had KJ as jack as spade

forgot to say thanks Gerv :f_p: