Decisions decisions

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Im thinking about switching from no limit to fixed limit for awhile, do you guys think that would be bad for the growth of my no limitplay? Except putting it on pause for awhile. I guess its kind of a diffuse question, kinda sucky question even lol :P , oh well..
  • 5 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i think some informations about your poker history would be nice. also it would be interesting to know what limits you play.

in general i think its never bad to know more than you need :D
      especially at the low limits its necessary to understand the main concepts of poker and there are a lot which are the same at nl and fl :)
      e.g. value betting :)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I only play the lowest limits, and I thought it could ne nice to broaden my view of poker too so.. And I havent been playing for very long either as you may have guessed from me playing the lowest limits :P , around 2½-3 months now, havent really been able to play as much as Ive wanted to either :( .
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

I cannot recommend whether you should play NL or FL (although I am a NL player ;) ). Just give it a try. Afterwards you will see what is more fun for you. But please stick to our strategy articles no matter what you are playing.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ofc I will do that :) , and Im not 100% sure as to what to do, we will see :P . Thankfully you guys provide excellet help for both so.. :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Hi Snowy. I played FL for the first 6 months, and quite profitably, up to .5/1. I switched to SH, and after initially doing ok, had a down swing of some kind. I couldn't work out whether I was playing badly, or the cards were bad, I got very confused. After 25k hands at that level, I had lost around 60BB. I decided to give NL a try, and have played that since. Very enjoyable. A lot easier to make decisions with the SSS, no less bad beats, but definitely +EV. Up to NL100 so far, and still happy. Playing FL meant I had to understand what I was doing more, so I built my knowledge doing that. SSS means having to think less, but I know how to if I need to. Good luck with your decisions.