UTG ($4.85)
      CO ($11.75)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.17) K:heart: 7:spade: K:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($0.47) K:heart: 7:spade: K:spade: 4:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.30, BTN raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $4.85 (AI), CO folds, BTN calls $3.75 (AI)

RIVER ($10.47) K:heart: 7:spade: K:spade: 4:heart: T:spade:

BTN shows 4:club: K:club:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 20.0%, Turn 87.5%)

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:heart:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 80.0%, Turn 12.5%)

BTN wins $9.78

Im including the result because I wanted to know how to "avoid" this, or at least get the money in as an overdog in simular situations.

I know I should raise pre, so no need to mention that, and I chose to just flat flop because I couldn't think of any hand that would continue (execpt for other K-hands and 77) if I had raised. Comments?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

These guys LIMPED in late position, they're obviously bad enough to call a flop raise with any 7x any Kx, all spade draws and virtually nonsense stuff figuring you're just full of it, how can you have a K there are two right there on the flop!

By raising the turn instead of the flop you look even stronger, which means if you get a lot of action you're likely to be putting money in as an underdog on the turn rather than as a favorite on the flop.

I don't think your line is horrible obviously, but slowplaying should be used sparingly, more often than not it's a suboptimal line.

Hope it helps.