[NL2-NL10] NL5sh - K9s riverbluff vs regg

• PetterG2
      He is not a total idiot, but not very good either. Many big hands between us. Thought the rivercheck looked weak, and took a shot at the pot. Ok?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.95)
      Hero ($9.48)
      UTG ($9.97)
      UTG+1 ($5.08)
      CO ($5.31)
      BTN ($2.04)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15

As mentioned, we had history between each other and wanted to play IP vs this guy which is why I called pre with this hand.

FLOP ($0.40) 3:heart: 6:spade: K:heart:

SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

TURN ($0.80) 3:heart: 6:spade: K:heart: 4:heart:

SB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

RIVER ($2.40) 3:heart: 6:spade: K:heart: 4:heart: 2:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.80, SB xxx
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say, to me the river check doesn't look so weak because c-betting 1/2 and then potting it when the flush card gets there looks kinda strong to me. Coming from a rather tight/passive 18/10/2 guy I'd say he either has a very strong made hand he's protecting, like a set/Kx with or without a heart, a made flush or some kind of bluff.

When you call and he checks the river, he probably rarely has the Ah unless he's going for a check/shove, but that doesn't mean he's ready to fold yet. He can very well check something like the Th there figuring he's never getting called by worse when he bets out, planning to check/call. I think he'll check/call with just about any heart he got there with. If he was pure bluffing on the turn you're ahead of him. The only stuff you can bluff him off is a better Kx without a heart, and even then since it's a blind battle and people love to bluff at 4-flushed boards, he might not even fold it.

Hope it helps.