$11.25
      BB:
      $19.65
      MP1(Hero):
      $10.70
      MP2:
      $7.85

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) K, J, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.5) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75.

River: ($10) A (2 players)
      SB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

Final Pot: $21.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(Kc Ad).

SB shows three of a kind, jacks(Js Jh).

SB wins with three of a kind, jacks(Js Jh).

PLayer is a 11/0 player over only 8 hands
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Really hard to comment on, since i'll turn all of you into huge nits if i say this is a fold on the flop against this "unknown". He has more than a full stack, he's not a huge maniac/calling station or else he wouldn't have 11/0 stats over even 8 hands, and he made a 3x check/raise instead of a retarded minraise or pot-raise, after flatting out of position preflop. That really smells like a setmining reg to me.

The problem is if he's some tag, either he's semi-bluffing with exactly QT or we have almost no outs against his value range of KJ/JJ/77. And most tags on nl10 won't even try to semibluff you on a board that so blatantly hits your preflop range, so we'll end up calling down "bluff-catching" against what is for all intents and purposes a pure value range.

He'd have to be some postflop aggro fish check/raising OESD/gutshots/top pairs/air for us to be good and his stats so far don't really reflect that. So i'd fold in that spot even if it feels sick to fold TPTK, but i just don't think it's worth stacking off given the information we have at hand. Don't make that your standard play to fold TPTK all the time of course, but when you're stuck bluff-catching on a board where nobody bluffs, TPTK equals 2-high when you're up against two pairs+.

Hope it helps.