[NL2-NL10] AKo Nl10 sh

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($15.62)
      UTG ($12.84)
      Button ($12.67)
      CO ($8.99)
      MP ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      UTG bets $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises $1.50, UTG raises $12.44 (All-In), 2 folds

Total pot: $3.65

Villian is TAG 19/15/4.3 with 3-bet 7% but 4-bet range only 1.7%. Should I give him a credit even if He knows that I might 3-betting light??
  • 4 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I'd call and go broke... 3bet/folding AK is imo not very good... What if he starts to light 4bet after this hand ? If I fold AKo when I 3bet, villain would think I'm light 3betting and start to 3bet me light... I don't want to be 3/4bet light so I'm going broke. He also could have AK... AK loves to see 5 cards so if he had AA KK he'd 4bet smaller I think 2.5x or 3x pot but with AK you push it so you make sure you see 5 cards.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      It is probably true but AK is my most loosing hand after I moved on Nl10 sh. People are 3-bet/4-bet very nitty. This month I 4-bet/shove AK 12-times preflop and I was almost always broke versus KK+. I do not know what to do so I started folding AK even if it is bad
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      It is not a huge leak imo but i think u should leave that table if u r not comfortable pushing it.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Note that when you say you went broke only against KK+ it's the same for almost everybody, but that fails to take into account how much small pots you picked up when you 3bet AK and everybody folded.

Frankly i don't mind 3bet/calling nor 3bet/folding, i think even overcalling has merit since he'll barrel the cards we hit postflop and nobody expects you to show up with AK in that spot. Mostly depends on his 3bet calling range, and especially what he's doing with AQ for me, but if he's rarely calling 3bets we can 3bet/fold crap like A3o instead.

If he's gonna call the 3bet with AQ i'd much rather have AK in my 3betting range than A3o so we can stack him on Axy boards. If not then he'll mostly have face-up hands like TT-JJ in his range against which we'll win the pot by bluffing at Kxy Axy maybe Qxy boards anyway and we're screwed on most other boards because he's likely not folding.

Hope it helps.