$10.00
      SB:
      $22.05
      BB(Hero):
      $10.70
      MP2:
      $12.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 5, 9, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.85) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP2 raises to $10.10(All-In), Hero calls $6.30.

River: ($22.75) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $22.75.

So what I'm thinking here. Since UTG raiser is a loose TAG 20/18/2

I cold call for set + overpair value.

I can't 3bet him cause he either will fold or will call with better hands. I'd be isolating myself OOP.

I bet the flop since I have over pair. Got reraised. Villain could have TT+, FD or just bluffing since he has raised and I'm donking into him. I call on the flop with the intentions check/folding any heart and over cards on the turn. I call any smallish bet if board is paired.

We had an arguement of 3betting in the IRC channel but I think that would bring no value. What do you think ?
  • 3 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      No comments ?
    • Monkeye
      Monkeye
      Bronze
      I also call PF these hands.
      On the flop I check/call why are you donkbetting? At the turn I am the agressor now and bet/shove.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop call is obviously fine, likely better than 3betting unless you know he's calling 3bets too much, like you've seen him call small pocket pairs in that spot or something.

Postflop i think the board is still dry enough for most tags to throw in a c-bet so i'd lean towards check/calling, especially if you don't have a clear idea of what to do when you get raised. If you want to continue to a raise you have to be able to put bluffs/semibluffs/worse made hands in his range.

TT is in there, but it's trumped by the fact that 99/QQ+ are for sure in his range too, and even then you're likely at a disadvantage playing the turn out of position against his draws because it allows him to play pretty much perfectly with those hands while putting you into crappy decisions spots with a marginal overpair.

If you bet/call the flop planning to check/fold any heart and all broadways but Jacks you're folding on like half the deck already. If he's insanely aggro bet/calling planning to check/jam the turn is still viable but i really think it's pushing it against most nl10 tags. 3betting the flop will result in you getting all-in against something like { TT+, hearts with 2 overs } that crush you, so he needs to bet raise/folding bluffs a whole lot for that play to be profitable. Considering you're donking into his UTG range, i don't think it happens enough.

Overall i'd much rather start by check/calling, even if it means potentially calling a double barrel on Q+ turns, as i don't think he's gonna fire a 3rd barrel once you call the turn.

Hope it helps.