This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Calling for Full House value on turn with implied odds

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $3.79
      SB:
      $2.96
      BB:
      $0.94
      UTG2:
      $3.08
      MP1(Hero):
      $2.32
      MP2:
      $3.00
      MP3:
      $4.51
      CO:
      $1.03

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5, 5.
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP2 raises to $0.14, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.31) 5, 4, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, MP2 calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.79) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54.

River: ($1.87) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.56, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.87.

Can I call on turn? I made some calculations. Since he obviously has a flush he won't be folding it on the river no matter what card comes up. So I can use implied odds to call. I have 10 outs which gives me 1:3,6 odds, and my implied odds are 1:5. So I can call turn?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Be careful with implied odds, just because he has a lot of money behind in his stack doesn't mean you automatically win it all when you hit a boat, so you can't count all of it as implied odds. If he knows what's he's doing he might check behind a flush or fold to a shove on a board pairing river, so you need to think a bit about how you plan to get the money out of him on the next street before calling the turn.

That being said i think you only need him to put in another like $0.7 on the river to make that call, which sounds reasonable. He's probably not folding a flush to a less than 1/2 pot donk from you, even if the board pairs.

Hope it helps.