[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQ suited

• metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      This game rly made me angry...I think the 0.28 call was a mistake, should have folded then. Im supsecting he had a set of 10s or 9s ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3,04
      Hero:
      $2,41

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, SB folds, BB calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,13) Q:club: , 9:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,08, Hero calls $0,08.

Turn: ($0,29) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,28, Hero calls $0,28.

River: ($0,85) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,30, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,85
  • 5 replies
    • Dephy
      Dephy
      Bronze
      imo bad play, he either have air or monster. I think, you should have reraised him on flop , to see where you are on flop. You might even want to fold, if you think, hes not bluffing, imo sometimes you just have, to commit and call his raise, cuz he might aswell be agrodonk, trying to make you fold. You win some, you lose some, dont be weak-tight player and get bullied by donks. I might be totaly mistaken though, since i only play poker few weeks aswell. Also if he is 36% and that means you are infront of him 76% to 24%. Called him right choice, atleast i would do it.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Without a better reads i don't think it's horrible by any means, but i usually automatically raise these donkbets to get a sense of what's going on and get value out of the trillion pair+draw hands on that board.

36/4 players usually aren't that likely to go ahead and 3-bet/jam those draws/pair+draw hands right on the flop, so what usually ends up happening is either they go broke and you're not committed to the point that you can't fold against a rather tight 3betting range, or they just call and you can pretty much put them on exactly draws/pair+draw hands, which means raising again another donkbet or betting for value if they check on a blank turn, and checking behind something ugly like clubs/J/K/8 planning to try and see a showdown.

Hope it helps.
    • metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      - ok this brings out a couple of questions

- what are the 36/4 players you are reffering to ?
      - I rly am confused how to play at these stakes. I play LAG and loose tons. I play TAG and its slooowly going down, as most pros suggest to play ABC poker at these stakes and reraising that bet just wouldnt make sence to me, Im not expecting some donk betting that much money ( its not much, but NL2 it sure is a large bet)
      - can you plz explain that how the reraise would be the right move, im so confused
    • metalDays
      metalDays
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Without a better reads i don't think it's horrible by any means, but i usually automatically raise these donkbets to get a sense of what's going on and get value out of the trillion pair+draw hands on that board.

36/4 players usually aren't that likely to go ahead and 3-bet/jam those draws/pair+draw hands right on the flop, so what usually ends up happening is either they go broke and you're not committed to the point that you can't fold against a rather tight 3betting range, or they just call and you can pretty much put them on exactly draws/pair+draw hands, which means raising again another donkbet or betting for value if they check on a blank turn, and checking behind something ugly like clubs/J/K/8 planning to try and see a showdown.

Hope it helps.
      Youve only been playing weeks and ur silver already ? How did ya manage to do that ? :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Metaldays

why do you need to raise?

1) you got TPTK and therefore a pretty good hand
      2) you got initiative (you raised preflop)
      3) you got position on villain
      4) there are 2 club on the table on you need to protect your hand

the villain bets and he could be with nothing hence you need to know where you stand. Yes you could be beat already but it is very likely that he's called you with KQ or QJ so a reraise is in order. imho I would reraise and a this level go to showdown at any cost but probably check or calling anything he does to keep it as cheap as I can but going all in if necessary. At higher stakes I might fold to a 4bet.

36/4 is the vpip (volontary put money in pot) / pfr (preflop raise) however these number are not really relevant with only a sample of 25 hands under 80 hands I normally don't take them into account. One hand where you noted some strange play about the player is often more helpfull than 25 hands from the HEM. It is easy to fold 25 hands in a row if the cards are not coming.

As to get your game i would start with the charts possibly even on SSS as it does give you some discipline. and you learn very fast about variance and after a few thousands hands I found that I am even happy to get my AA beat by a rubbish hands (I just follow that player and keep playing monsters against him) it all balances at the end.

good luck and I found that works for me is that the more I lose because of variance (or bad play) the more I tighten my game therefore avoiding bad play.