[NL2-NL10] NL 50 AQs steal BU

• Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP1 ($51.50)
      MP2 ($10)
      CO ($13.10)
      Hero (Button) ($10.85)
      SB ($49.50)
      BB ($48.90)
      UTG ($12.90)
      UTG+1 ($32.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A
      5 folds, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 2, 8, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.25) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

River: ($7.25) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $3.60, Hero raises $7.35 (All-In), BB calls $3.75

Total pot: $21.95

would you change some line?
      BB is mostly unknown but so far looks like a BSS
      the river bet looks like a thin value bet, he may be representing the Q, so should I rather call than shove as FH is possible?
      should I check behind turn as the board pairs?
      thanks for comments :)
  • 3 replies
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Imo c-bet is standard here, then check back on turn and call the river. People may differ but i think thats a good line to go by.

Swire :)
    • Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      Many times when I c-bet this kind of flop, I got check/raised by a good player and that is situation I don't want to face.
      As I have position, I rather see turn card and reevaluate the hand.
      I call many c-bets on turn and see what comes on river and then I check fold call or raise depending on situation :)
      If villain calls flop and then bets turn, I have to fold many times and by checking behind on the flop, I may get value from worse hands.
      Is my reasoning correct?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kokaroc
      Many times when I c-bet this kind of flop, I got check/raised by a good player

Is my reasoning correct?
      Don't be superstitious everytime here. You have to note down which opponents are capable of call pre, c/r flop with a high frequency

More information of Villain would be appreciated to determine which line is better ( cBet flop or check back Flop )

As played, I do not see reasons to bet the Turn as it doesn't really change the board so your FEQ is kinda low from my point of view. Since you only got Ace high I think checking Turn is better. You don't hit your draw often enough to be profitable.

As played, nh easy jam on the river

- Gerv