This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Won Hand / Won showdown percentages!

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      So i have been crushed in my start at FLSH $1/2, and wondered if i was infact just running bad, or i just wasnt good enough yet and should move back down.

When looking at some statistics provided by party i found over the last few sessions my overall Won hand percentage has been 13%, which seems low as even if you won your 'fair share' i.e. if everyone was all in preflop you should win 16.7%. Also, my won showdown percentage was amazing at 5%!

I ws wondering what this figures should be for an average winning player and aret these an idicator that im running bad or could it still just be playing bad?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey!

What's your W$SD?
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      I would take a look at the WTS and W$SD set together to get an idea of your luck.

When I'm running terrible I tend to have down to 30 WTS with 35-40 or even less W$SD. When I'm running like god (sadly happening rarely lately) it can be up to 50 WTS with 60 W$SD. Over the long run I'm having 41 WTS with 51% W$SD.

Do realize that they only give a very rough indication, but if WTS and W$SD strongly deviate from normal values then, you can be certain you were running badly.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      oh , WTSD 34%, W$@SD 56% . so am i just playing bad?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      i don't think we can draw any conclusions from these stats as far as how good or bad you're running.. eg.: you could be going to showdowns in terrible spots while folding the river when you should really call, making it look like you're running bad, etc.

(plus there's W$WSF which is just as important as WTS and W$SD, there's the size of pots won/lost, etc)
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      There's just not really a good way to measure luck in FL anyway. Some stats can give indications if they are really off (like <40 WTS with <40 W$SD) or a very low W$WSF, but that's about it.

As always, posting hands like you did now usually helps the most...