Won Hand / Won showdown percentages!

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      So i have been crushed in my start at FLSH $1/2, and wondered if i was infact just running bad, or i just wasnt good enough yet and should move back down.

When looking at some statistics provided by party i found over the last few sessions my overall Won hand percentage has been 13%, which seems low as even if you won your 'fair share' i.e. if everyone was all in preflop you should win 16.7%. Also, my won showdown percentage was amazing at 5%!

I ws wondering what this figures should be for an average winning player and aret these an idicator that im running bad or could it still just be playing bad?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey!

What's your W$SD?
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      I would take a look at the WTS and W$SD set together to get an idea of your luck.

When I'm running terrible I tend to have down to 30 WTS with 35-40 or even less W$SD. When I'm running like god (sadly happening rarely lately) it can be up to 50 WTS with 60 W$SD. Over the long run I'm having 41 WTS with 51% W$SD.

Do realize that they only give a very rough indication, but if WTS and W$SD strongly deviate from normal values then, you can be certain you were running badly.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      oh , WTSD 34%, W$@SD 56% . so am i just playing bad?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      i don't think we can draw any conclusions from these stats as far as how good or bad you're running.. eg.: you could be going to showdowns in terrible spots while folding the river when you should really call, making it look like you're running bad, etc.

(plus there's W$WSF which is just as important as WTS and W$SD, there's the size of pots won/lost, etc)
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      There's just not really a good way to measure luck in FL anyway. Some stats can give indications if they are really off (like <40 WTS with <40 W$SD) or a very low W$WSF, but that's about it.

As always, posting hands like you did now usually helps the most...