Bad bad day

• cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      I play SnG on FT 5.50$ and 6.50$ turbos, and today i am down 20 SnG's in a row (it happens before, rarely, but happens), but whats interesting about that, is that i am not kicked out in coin flips situations, as usual when blinds are high and is push or fold, i am out ALL 20 SNG with pocket pairs (JJ, QQ, KK, AA) versus smaller pocket pairs(where i am 80%-20% )..... I post this to ask does anyone experienced something similiar , i mean to bust you so many times in a row with so little chance....... ?( Best regards
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Pretty sick, cvora, but clearly it does happen!

My initial response is to be sure that there isn't some tilt in there somewhere too. After suffering a few beats like this, it is possible you adjusted your game unintentionally due to tilt.

A quick review of how you played these hands is probably in order, and if tilt was a factor then I'd suggest considering how you might have avoided it. If tilt wasn't a factor, then well played, and my commiserations.
    • cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Pretty sick, cvora, but clearly it does happen!

My initial response is to be sure that there isn't some tilt in there somewhere too. After suffering a few beats like this, it is possible you adjusted your game unintentionally due to tilt.

A quick review of how you played these hands is probably in order, and if tilt was a factor then I'd suggest considering how you might have avoided it. If tilt wasn't a factor, then well played, and my commiserations.

Good point.....i was pretty much tilted (after 6-7 bad beats) , i was tightening up my game pretty nitty, but every time put my money when i was in front, exept slowplayed AA pre flop, and go broke on 22Q flop(but would end same cause guy was holding QQ)....
      P.S. Sorry i was lying, i was out 19/20 ......one was AKs vs K10o for 15 BB....:-)
    • msliw
      msliw
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cvora
      I play SnG on FT 5.50$ and 6.50$ turbos, and today i am down 20 SnG's in a row (it happens before, rarely, but happens), but whats interesting about that, is that i am not kicked out in coin flips situations, as usual when blinds are high and is push or fold, i am out ALL 20 SNG with pocket pairs (JJ, QQ, KK, AA) versus smaller pocket pairs(where i am 80%-20% )..... I post this to ask does anyone experienced something similiar , i mean to bust you so many times in a row with so little chance....... ?( Best regards
      I had the same situation yesterday on FullTilt while playing over 20 SuperTurbo SnGs. After 10 badbeats like that I started thinking something is going wrong. But I didn't stop playing and after next few Sngs I was doing quite well and managed to end the session with 10% ROI. Nevertheless I don't remember similar session with so many lost 80-20 spots.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by msliw
      I had the same situation yesterday on FullTilt while playing over 20 SuperTurbo SnGs. After 10 badbeats like that I started thinking something is going wrong. But I didn't stop playing and after next few Sngs I was doing quite well and managed to end the session with 10% ROI. Nevertheless I don't remember similar session with so many lost 80-20 spots.
      Yeah but STs are so swingy, 10BI downswing is nothing, only start worrying when it goes past 50. Having said that 10BI upswings are normal too so it all evens out. :)
    • cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      Originally posted by msliw

I play normal and turbo SNG, not super turbo with 300 chips......