When to leave BSS table.

• minimAlleast
      minimAlleast
      Bronze
      I have question about BSS.

At SSS you buy in for 20bb and leave the table when you have 25bb.

Ok for BSS you join the table with full 100BB but unfortunately I think that in the articles it's not mentioned when ( if all ) and whit which amount you leave the table?

I have to apologies if this topic was already on the forum or if I misunderstood something.

Thanx

minim
  • 8 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      you can leave whenever you like, just be aware if you are deap and you are playing someone else that is deap, implied odds change so you can call them more with small pocket pairs looking for a set etc.
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      I don't think there is any max. If you double up to 200bb and you don't feel comfortable playing with that much then you should leave the table but the way i see it is, the more money i have in front of me the more money i can win with my strong hands.

GL

James
    • minimAlleast
      minimAlleast
      Bronze
      Many tnx for Reply.

M
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jxb1977
      I don't think there is any max. If you double up to 200bb and you don't feel comfortable playing with that much then you should leave the table but the way i see it is, the more money i have in front of me the more money i can win with my strong hands.

GL

James
      This.

Another important factor is how many buyins you have. I have a more aggresive BRM where I move up a limit with 20 stacks, so I normally leave when I have 250bb+ effective stacks unless there is a huge fish on the table. If you have a conservative BRM and you feel confortable playing deep, I don't see any reasons to leave the table after you win a stack. ;)
    • AAkthxbye
      AAkthxbye
      Bronze
      Although not the word of God (despite being nicknamed Jesus), I really like Chris Ferguson's guidelines for bankroll management/building. In his approach, you never buy in to a cash game for more than 5% of your bankroll, implicating a minimum of 20 buy-ins, but preferably closer to the 25 BIs recommended here at PS. He also recommends leaving the cash game when the big blind comes to you, if you have 10% or more of your bankroll in play.

So let's say you had exactly the 25 buyins when you started playing. According to Ferguson, you should leave the table when you have a stack of 2,5 BIs. Automatic top-ups can decrease the threshold, however.
    • minimAlleast
      minimAlleast
      Bronze
      I like that 5-10%.

Thanks again.

M
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Gold
      When u feel tired
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      when the only one with the same stack is in position on you. there's no point in playing 400bb deep OOP unless the guy is completely retarded