[NL2-NL10] NL $10 - AJ in SB

• Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0.70, MP1 calls $0.70, CO calls $0.70, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($4.10) A:club: , 2:spade: , 5:diamond: (5 players)
      Hero bets $1.10 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1.10, MP1 calls $1.10, CO raises to $3.00, BU folds, UTG+2 raises to $3.40 (All-In), MP1 calls $2.30, CO calls $0.40.

Turn: ($15.40) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $4.88 (All-In), CO folds.

River: ($20.28) K:spade:

Final Pot: $20.28

Ok, lemme have it, what did I do wrong here? :D
  • 9 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Nothing? :)

Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      According to the chart I have, AJ in the small blind is only a raise if you are first in. Behind this many limpers, completion would be ok, or folding, given that you will be first to act in all betting rounds. What a bunch of calling stations you had here! You have no choice postflop, top pair, fair kicker, and a big pot, but that many behind you, all wanting to play, you had to lose this. Right?

I hate AJ, even suited.
    • Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      Yes, that is what I wasn't to sure about.

When it says raise, I thought raise if there isn't a raise before hand and as averyone called I thoought I'd raise 4BB plus the limpers. I was a bit nervous because as you said with that many limpers someone will probably have something. But I tried it anyway and was going to check/fold if I didn't hit and would have made a decent pot if everyone folded...

Then I hit the ace and had a good kicker and a few more outs so I thought, I'm pot committed might as well continue and go all-in.

In the end, yes I lost to tens over fives from a guy who called my 8BB raise with a 10/5 and then called my all-in with a pair of fives...

So I guess with alll those limpers in hindsight I should have passed at the beginning but the large pot was tempting :D
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I think you're wrong about the SHC thing aciddrop since it would seem to me that Werdna plays SSS, not BSS :) . And that chart only says raise :) .
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Exactly! In the SSS AJ is a raise in this situation and on this flop you have to go all-in. In BSS it is different.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      You can go directly all in to maximize your fold equity , since there are enough dead money there.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      OK, I'm confused. I have a chart, the one titled shc_adv_sss.pdf, which lists the blinds for AJo as Raise(0), which means, only if no one has entered the pot before you. I've been using this chart for months now. Maybe there has been a new one posted, which has changed this? In any case, if that was the case, a call here would be ok, as there are more than two limpers.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah its outdated, theres only one chart in use now. The new revisited in the beginners section.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, I've seen that now. I like my chart. :)