[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJs Defending

• Optroot
      This guy was super loose-agressive, I played 5 hands in the exact same situation with him - each time he check min-raised, 4/5 I folded to the c/r - 1/5 I called flop folded turn. I had never raised his bet (and no-one had at the table (he did it to everyone, not just me)).

He showed down one hand where he did it with QTs on 6Q8 two hearts - he had no draw, but this was an unraised pot.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , Q:club:
      MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 6:heart: , K:heart: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP3 raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $4.50, MP3 raises to $9.57 (All-In), Hero calls $5.07.

Turn: ($20.29) Q:diamond:
      River: ($20.29) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.29

I just felt as if he would fold often enough here because of the frequency at which he did it (even though small sample - 100% fq is pretty big though). And of course I committed myself and have to call his shove.

I think maybe the fact that he did it every time I raised tilted me, which is why i chose this line. but i dont think i had much choice, i didnt think any other line was good here.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's not bad by any means, it's probably the easiest line to take tho i'm not sure we have that much fold equity, just because he does it a lot with marginal stuff doesn't mean he can let go of anything ever.

Calling in position is fine too, it's a minraise, we're drawing to the nuts and calling $0.7 more isn't the end of the world even if we have to fold to a big turn bet. If he's betting smallish on the turn we can call again. If you had seen him follow up on the turn more often we could think about calling the flop and shoving over a turn bet to get more value out of his air hands, but since we don't know much about how likely he's to fold it's likely not a great idea yet.

Hope it helps.