[NL2-NL10] NL10 KTo

• Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      This guy was a major fish, he showed down some major losers, he was calling really light and value betting super light. Is it safe to assume hes stacking off with junk?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.84
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , T:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) T:club: , 2:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $9.60 (All-In), BB calls $5.44 (All-In).

Turn: ($16.89) J:diamond:
      River: ($16.89) 9:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $16.89
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Calling light and betting light are very different from check/minraising for a lot of players. You'll see tons of guys who just bet when they have nothing or close to it, and systematically go into check/minraising mode every time they hit something big. Especially players who don't often use the raise button, like a 50/5 usually doesn't raise too much. That being said some players are very different preflop and postflop so it's possible he's just a huge postflop monkey, you should know after playing with him for 64 hands.

So the flop is a really dicey spot and i think shoving is the worst possible line, because his range for minraising on such a dry board is usually more weighted towards big hands and airballs, so we're kinda bluff-catching even tho we have TP2K. Maybe sometimes he just randomly decides he's gonna play 98 like that or go broke with any top pair, but i doubt it.

Given that i think just calling the minraise is a superior play, and i'd decide on the turn whether i think he's bluffing or not depending on his bet sizing and his timing, folding is not out of the question at all. If i've seen him monkey around a lot postflop, enough to warrant me going broke with TP2K, i'd either call the flop planning to call him down or make a smaller 3bet to give him a chance to bluff shove the rest in there.

Hope it helps.