Auto-Rating

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am just in the process of renaming my autorate profiles in PT3. I have changed the default names like loose-passive/aggresive etc to easy to remember names like fish, donkey, rock, shark, calling station etc. THis is because when im playing I struggle to remember what an elephant icon means and CBF waiting for the tool-tip to tell me whilst I am under pressure with the time-bank and equilating. There are two profiles that I cant think of simple names for. These are:

Semi-Loose Aggressive/Aggressive
      Semi-Loose Aggressive/Passive

If you guys could suggest suitable, easy to remember poker related labels for these kinds of players that are used in the poker world let me know because I cant think of any.

• 6 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I won't even bother asking why on earth you would ever need to use this... Acronyms sound like a viable solution though.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      what does semi-loose aggressive/passive mean?
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey Wildbeans.

Before the / is preflop, after the / is post flop. Your inquiry is exactly my point though, even though I know what it means, I have to sit and think for 5 seconds and calculate what a semi loose aggressive/passive player is in my mind and that is time I cant waste when the clock is ticking. Berzenger, acronyms dont help, if fact they are worse because not only do I have to do the above, but I also have to remember what the letters stand for. Hence back to the original question.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I'll take it you don't use stats either for the same reason?

The only half-fitting term I can think of would be maniac for loose aggressive/aggressive, but that won't fit every player in that category. There are LAGs who stack off very tight post (LAG/TAG), and there are maniacs who just bet/raise/push regardless (LAG/LAG).

Now that I'm at it, in my book there are 4 archetypal kinds of players: LAG, TAG, LP and TP. They can be further split in 16 profiles according to their behavior pre and post, e.g. LP/TAG would be a guy who calls anything pre-flop and either misses and folds, or hits big and gets the money in. Back in the days I used this system to quickly label my opponents, takes 20-30 minutes to get used to it and the functionality is pretty effective. But when you start working with "semi-loose" or other subjective separatives, I really don't see the advantages of naming system over direct clear stats.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Haha I do use stats and I understand them. I think you are being a bit firm. Thanks anyways.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Yeah, 32 hours of grinding can do that to a man.

If all else fails, open the dictionary and look up some funky word like shingles, then use it as a label for the player type it reminds you most of.