[NL2-NL10] NL 50 steal from SB with K9o

• Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP2 ($50.80)
      MP3 ($55.25)
      CO ($40.45)
      Button ($22.25)
      Hero (SB) ($13)
      BB ($31.10)
      UTG ($38.15)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      MP1 ($50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, K
      7 folds, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) Q, 4, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

Turn: ($7) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero raises $9.50 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $13

Hey guys

I've got another interesting hand in which I wasn't sure which line would be the best :)
      First: My stack is 26BB but I decided to stay at the table, because I was short on tables and I was only playing 4 tables, so I was paying attention.
      Second: K9o may not be the best hand to steal with
      Third: The c-bet on flop is pretty standard, but what to do on turn?
      My reasoning was: If i bet the turn, worse hands will fold and better hands will call or raise in which case I will have to give up my hand if I don't have FH on river. So I tried to induce some bluff. His bet looked pretty weak and maybe he could fold some low spades to my c/r. On the other hand, if I get called, it's only by a spade in which case I am beat.
      Conclusion:Was this play +EV? I think only slightly :)

Thanks for advices
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would raise $1.75 preflop just to make the treshold a little bit bigger for him to call.

I just give it up on the Turn because c/c doesn't make sense as only Flushes will bet there, I don't see many players bluffing there. Moreover I don't like c/R as well because that filters out the bluff/worse hands that may be in his range but you are going to get called by flushes.

Bet/Fold is ok but if he calls turn you are mostly in jeopardy.

So on micro's I am more inclined to give this up , especially if one doesn't play with statistics

Best regards,
      Gerv