This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH BvB 89s 3betpot vs reg

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP ($339.65)
      Button ($27.80)
      Gerv (SB) ($50)
      BB ($50)

UTG ($34.70)

Preflop: Gerv is SB with 8, 9
      3 folds, Gerv bets $1.25, BB raises $4.50, Gerv calls $3.50

Flop: ($10) 5, 5, 8 (2 players)
      Gerv checks, BB bets $7, Gerv calls $7

Turn: ($24) 3 (2 players)
      Gerv checks, BB checks

River: ($24) K (2 players)
      Gerv checks, BB bets $15.50, Gerv folds

BvB against a high3bet% player, I called my SCs and called his cBet but wasn't so satisfied with the Flopplay

Should I bet the River myself and if he raises, would it be bet/fold or bet/call ??
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      why you call oop 89s against player who has high 3-bet% and who is likely aggressive that can bluff you out of your hand
      I would rather turn my hand into bluff and 4-bet or fold.
      flop: are you´re going to c/c flop, c/r blank turn if yes, then imo you can´t call pf with 89s, since his 3-bet range is wide I think you need to go with your hand by c/r on drawy board for value and calling shove or if get called then shove on that turn card
      river: he would bet there for value imo KQ, maybe KJ if he 3-bet that pf, but he has still his air in his range and since he is betting river close to 100% with his air I would call him down