SNG Advice - not hand based

• ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      2 questions guys, what's the best room (preferably other than stars) for SnG's? When I mean best I mean weakest v traffic, I don't want betfair style where it takes an hour for one to fill at peak times.

Second question, Turbo's or non turbo's, or is it preference, I know this has been asked loads. I prefer turbo's purely for the speed aspect, however it does bring up awkward ICM situations like when you have about 7 or 8 BB which is common when there is 3/4/5 players left and it gets folded to you on the SB which then suggests you should push certain hands that when the BB calls which he often will (especially at these levels). Therefore I guess my third question which i didn't intend to ask; Should you alter your ICM for turbo's?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Full tilt is great for SnGs, heaps of traffic and you get rakeback. Low limits are soft on most sites I would think. I would chose turbos since you can get a larger volume in and learn to multitable if you can't already. As for ICM push ranges, you don't need to adjust to turbos just your opponents, only difference is you will reach the push/fold stage earlier. If they are calling looser than the nash ranges, tighten your range and vice versa. Good luck.
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Thanks for the rapid reply, just a couple of queries. When you suggest adjusting to your opponents what do I do that based on, very little regulars at these levels. Is it just based on what I see from earlier in the tourney. Also when you refer to Nash ranges is that SAGE?

TY