[NL2-NL10] NL5 - KK up to 4bet on flop

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($0.95)
      Hero (MP1) ($5.86)
      MP2 ($0.89)
      CO ($5.30)
      Button ($7.85)
      SB ($4.05)
      BB ($6.48)
      UTG ($4.31)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.47) J, 7, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $1.22, Hero raises to $2.19, CO raises to $5.10 (All-In), Hero calls $2.91

Turn: ($10.67) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($10.67) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10.67 | Rake: $0.71

Okay, here I should maybe have made it 6-7BB instead of 5 on the flop, but the outcome would have been the same either way.
      I dont know if someone would bet this much with just top pair, so maybe i should have mucked it?

What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      On that flop i'd bet the pot because of the FD. When villain re-raises i'd probably shove, don't see the point in the min 4-bet unless you are trying to fake weakness. If i was very sure he has a set i'd fold, but i think you really have to know your villain to do that.

I also think the villain can easily stack off with AJ, KJ, QJ, JT or with any flush draw.

GL

James
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by jxb1977
      On that flop i'd bet the pot because of the FD. When villain re-raises i'd probably shove, don't see the point in the min 4-bet unless you are trying to fake weakness. If i was very sure he has a set i'd fold, but i think you really have to know your villain to do that.

I also think the villain can easily stack off with AJ, KJ, QJ, JT or with any flush draw.

GL

James
      I don't think it's necessary to bet pot, something like $0.35 will do fine, tho it's by no means a mistake.

When he raises i'm also shoving as a default unless i have a reason not to, like him being some kind of 16-tabling nit in which case he's never raising anything but a set and a draw we're almost flipping with.

Hope it helps.
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies :)

Dont you think that im isolating myself against 2pair or better when shoving?

• MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends on the player, the point being you don't (and can't) really know for sure. Against some you'll see a whole bunch of Jx in there, against others you'll exclusively see two pairs+.

In these spots you want to find the right balance between fighting for the money already in the pot (or you'll become too tight) and giving up when it's not profitable (otherwise you'll spew away chips way too often).

At microstakes the right assumption is usually that everyone is going broke way too light unless you have reason to believe otherwise, which is why folding a good hand is usually a bigger mistake than going broke with it. Thus when in doubt, err on the side of playing your hand for its absolute value and don't fold overpairs. If you find yourself going broke too often with overpairs, you're probably not picking up good enough reads on people.

Hope it helps.