This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 QQ on a KKK24 board

• Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $54,26
      BB:
      $35,21

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) K:diamond: , K:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Should I bet 100% on this flop or is it ok to mix it up and check in 10-20% of the time? My thought here was to fool villain so that he wouldnt believe me for a big hand and to get more value from weaker hand on the turn and river,because up to this case I have been straight forward with my play.

Turn: ($2,00) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,42, BB calls $1,42.

River: ($4,84) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,30, BB raises to $8,62, Hero?
  • 2 replies
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      I don't mind the check on the flop because unless he is holding AA or the case K then the deck is crippled.

On the river i'd call. He is passive post flop so he obviously has something he likes but like i said on the flop unless is AA or the K then we are ahead. I wouldn't shove the river as i think you really are only getting called with the nuts.

I'd put him on a mid pocket pair and he thinks you have AQ or something, which is why he 3-bets the river. Will be interested to see what the judges think.

GL

James
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since any pp would call 3 streets, A high would call at least 2 streets I´d c-bet that board
      river is bet/call. Although you hold 3rd nuts shoving river is very thin, since he has there a lot of times bluffs that would not call shove or Kx that is beating your range