Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $54,26
      BB:
      $35,21

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) K:diamond: , K:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Should I bet 100% on this flop or is it ok to mix it up and check in 10-20% of the time? My thought here was to fool villain so that he wouldnt believe me for a big hand and to get more value from weaker hand on the turn and river,because up to this case I have been straight forward with my play.

Turn: ($2,00) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,42, BB calls $1,42.

River: ($4,84) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,30, BB raises to $8,62, Hero?
  • 2 replies
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      I don't mind the check on the flop because unless he is holding AA or the case K then the deck is crippled.

On the river i'd call. He is passive post flop so he obviously has something he likes but like i said on the flop unless is AA or the K then we are ahead. I wouldn't shove the river as i think you really are only getting called with the nuts.

I'd put him on a mid pocket pair and he thinks you have AQ or something, which is why he 3-bets the river. Will be interested to see what the judges think.

GL

James
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since any pp would call 3 streets, A high would call at least 2 streets I´d c-bet that board
      river is bet/call. Although you hold 3rd nuts shoving river is very thin, since he has there a lot of times bluffs that would not call shove or Kx that is beating your range