Moving to the states...

• vilap23
      vilap23
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I'm going to Washington for a 4 months internship at the end of January. I know Americans can't join PS, but will I be able to access my account while I'm there? Will I still receive strategy points?

ty!
  • 5 replies
    • kubernetes
      kubernetes
      Bronze
      no idea, dude :p

but seriousy, watch out and have a talk about this with the customer service of your poker room, your e wallet, etc. You dont want to be in the middle of a mess unable to cash out, move money, etc, after you are already in your new place.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      dont think it will a problem- just dont cash out and deposit while u r in the states
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello vilap23,

Depending on your pokersite you may have a problem so i suggest contacting the poker room. Moving shouldnt affect your strategy points.

A problem that you are very likely to have is not being able to access PokerStrategy.com. This will probably happen because your new American IP address will be blocked. Im not sure what you can do about this, but i will pass it on. However you may not get a response until the 4th.

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Unfortunately you most likely won't be able to access your PokerStrategy.com account from the United States for the reasons kingdippy2008 already mentioned.
      You can read more about this here.

But you will receive Strategy Points nonetheless.

Have a good trip!
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      anonymous proxy?