Reraising after Shorty Shoves

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      So annoying, you are in a three way pot against a shorty and another fullstack. You raise, the full stack calls, and the shorty goes all in but Stars only give you the option to call and you cannot reraise the 3rd party all in. Anyone know why?
  • 5 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      So annoying, you are in a three way pot against a shorty and another fullstack. You raise, the full stack calls, and the shorty goes all in but Stars only give you the option to call and you cannot reraise the 3rd party all in. Anyone know why?
      I think it is so you can't exploit that exact situation. For example, you raise to 1000, big stack calls, shorty pushes 1050 and then you push out the first caller. I think it also depends on the stack sizes as well, if the short stack reraised a lot more than the initial raise (not sure about the amount) then you could then shove to isolate. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, this is just my understanding of it. :)
    • Spiderwebz
      Spiderwebz
      Bronze
      If the shorty raises more than the minimum raise then you can 4bet, otherwise you can only call. For example if there was a bet of 20 and a raise to 60 shorty must reraise at least to 100 for you to be able to 4bet.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Are you talking about cash games or Tournaments?
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      cash games Kyle.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      OK, I'm not 100% if this applys to cash games but it seems like it does.

SO, You say HERO raises to say 40c (playing NL10)
      BIG STACK calls
      then
      SHORTY shoves for 60c.

The reason behind why you can't raise anymore is because the shorty has not made a legal raise (being at least the size of the initial raise) which is 30c in this situation.

40c - 10c = 30c
      SHORTY is only raising 20c making it an illegal raise.
      But, like I said I'm not 100 sure if this applys to cash games but it most definitely applys to tournaments.

Another part to this rule is if you haven't already acted you may have all your options including raising but if you have already acted you cannot raise any more, u may only call/fold. So in the above situation, HERO nor BIG STACK can raise because they have already acted.

Hope this helped.