Whilst playing poker

• Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      How do you guys keep occupied whilst playing poker? Is it eating food, searching through P.S, watching TV or something else? Are all these --ev? How do you keep your self from not getting bored whilst being card dead?

Lots of comments are welcome

Swire :)
  • 13 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      I take notes on oppponents, it keeps you pretty busy when playing 8 tables. Quick review of some of your hands. Everything else is EV-
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      When card dead I sometimes try to imagine i have AA and then I play the hand like I really do.. sometimes its fun.. not when the aces are actually in hands of opp:)

EDIT: im just kidding.. I m never card dead...

EDIT EDIT: kidding again.. I m never gettin bored while playin tho.. Doin other stuff when u play is bad imo
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      When card dead I sometimes try to imagine i have AA and then I play the hand like I really do.. sometimes its fun.. not when the aces are actually in hands of opp:)

EDIT: im just kidding.. I m never card dead...

EDIT EDIT: kidding again.. I m never gettin bored while playin tho.. Doin other stuff when u play is bad imo
      Epic reply lmao :]
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Im honestly afraid of listening to music while i play, cus almost every bad session i have is while i listen to music and almost every good one is without. and i know for fact that i don't change my play.

and since im 4-6 tabling, fapping is out of the question.

i watch TV sometimes, but mostly I troll BBV and PS as much as i can
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      BBV another informational poker site? Some people say classical music is better whilst playing poker, what type of music do you typically listen too? I wouldn't be able to listen to music as i listen to rnb and that get's me all hyped up lol which is ------ev
    • toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      I like to listen Eyes of Tiger from the rocky balboa movie, everytime I put this song I get the nuts.
    • PWS
      PWS
      Bronze
      Swire – I just play 7-12 tables, so there is a lot to do and here music, but often there is not enough tables for very long, then I from time to time watch some tv, but thats really not a good solution.

ihufa - Hear Christmas music then, it just got that good luck in it ;)

Eye of the Tiger is a nice chioce, crazy that it first came in the therd rocky movie. I just hear what ever musik I like at the moment.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I personally think listening to music is a good idea. I feel it is unlikely to damage your concentration and may even serve as a mood enhancer for those of you prone to tilt. I listen to music often when I play, and simply find my awareness of it diminishes during important hands, but comes to the fore to keep me sane whilst card dead.

I admit, I do occasionally watch films and things whilst playing, although I notice such actions receive a lot of bad press. I never play more than 2 tables when watching a film though and I prefer it in situations where you are likely to be doing a lot of folding anyway; for example MTTs or even DoN sngs.

The truth is, a film you have not seen before generally requires a large amount of your concentration. If you are trying to follow a complex plot, either it is just not going to happen, or your card playing is going to suffer. It is much easier to watch a film you know well, because then it becomes like the music. Your awareness of the movie can ebb and flow since you can just watch scenes when you are card-dead, but not have to worry about missing plotlines when you have playable hands.

Overall, I think nothing is objectively bad to do whilst playing, you just have to understand realistically the toll it is taking on your concentration. I'd say the effect of something such as music is minimal, even positive.
      Occasionally I have attempted to read PS articles and other stuff while playing, but it is difficult to truly play your A-game and get the best out of the article at the same time.

I also like to have sex while playing 24 tables. Honest.

w34z3l
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      I personally think listening to music is a good idea. I feel it is unlikely to damage your concentration and may even serve as a mood enhancer for those of you prone to tilt. I listen to music often when I play, and simply find my awareness of it diminishes during important hands, but comes to the fore to keep me sane whilst card dead.
      this.
      also browse some forums once in a while (like right now :D ) but yeah, sux for your game.

Originally posted by Swire
      BBV another informational poker site?
      yes :D
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      any links ?( or if that against P.S rules?

I might start adding more tables then.
    • paibhai
      paibhai
      Bronze
      I do a whole lot of stuff while playing poker...

- listen to music (always playing in the background)
      - Sing karaoke after i fold and record myself
      - watch youtube and other stuff ;)
      - read stuff on PS
      - read all the daily cricket related news

the most ev- thing i have been doing of late is falling asleep while playing... this has happened on more than one occassion.. grrrr
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Lmao your worse than me haha :D
      I need to download some music, any suggestions guys?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      i'm not sure if listening to music has been +ev or -ev

heavy metal seemed to be -ev

however listening to rock bands like Disturbed has turned out to many profitable sessions.

But i try to not listen to music so i can have my full concentration. My computer is in the living room so if there are any distractions i will usualy put on my Dance playlist :f_biggrin: Keeps me in a good mood. Sometimes i put on some michael jackson or rap/hip hop(happy ["commercial"] songs though.

My music style is quite weird lol. From rap to metal to michael jackson :f_love: