[NL2-NL10] 88 nl10sh

• franeczek
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($10.89)
      Button ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($12.74)
      SB ($15.52)
      UTG ($13.73)
      CO ($9.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8
      2 folds, UTG calls $0.10, Button bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.95) 9, 3, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.60, Hero raises $2.03, Button calls $1.43

Turn: ($5.01) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.48, Button raises $7.57 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $9.97

only 9hands(30/22/7.0),very aggresive, probably agro. I called pre with the intention of checkraising any low board. Turn looks really ugly and I didn't know what to do so I played bet/fold line. Considering that he was playing really aggresive should I play check/fold turn or just bet/call considering his aggresion??
  • 2 replies
    • gummybeared
      b/c is spew imo

i'd likely c/f. no need to bet if you don't have a read. that diamond can't be good against his flop calling range imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd likely reevaluate the plan on that flop. To make raise/folding the best play on the flop you really need to know that 1/ he's firing out with way too many hands on that flop, so that it's profitable to fold out those hands by raising 2/ he's aggressive enough for you to be worried of getting bluffed of the best hand on later streets if you just call.

It's a low coordinated monotone flop that often hits your range in some way and it shouldn't hit his range too often, so we're basically hoping he's c-betting way too much, otherwise we're pretty much toast against the hands he'll c-bet with. A big diamond with at least one over, a combodraw of some sort, a set, an overpair, a top pair, are the most likely hands for him to fire out a c-bet into what seems like a horrible texture.

Sometimes he'll have air if he just blindly c-bets any flop, but barring a read that he continues to barrel regardless of the board, I'd likely just call and try to check it down afterward. If a diamond hits and he fires again you're dead, if a blank hits and he continues to fire he has at least a top pair or 12 outs against you. Even assuming he's still bluffing on the turn, that means he might be crazy enough to fire the third barrel and shove the river into you, then what do you do?

As played on the turn if he's really insane either check or bet small to induce and call it off, but if you're wrong you're drawing dead because a good chunk of his range for bet/calling the flop is some kind of big diamond, and that's likely the only hands that will still give you action on a 4-flushed board :p 30/22/7 over 9 hands is completely meaningless, if he's just a tag/lag getting some cards you're in danger of outsmarting yourself for a buy-in.

Hope it helps.