[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 - AKo

• painterman007
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.97) 8, 8, 4 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, MP3 raises to $1.48, Hero calls $0.78.

Turn: ($3.93) 9 (2 players)

River: ($3.93) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.93.

Decided to C-bet flop because his bet was so small.
      He reraises and my pot odds are about 4:1 or 20 %, and when i ran the hand in equilator i came up with an equity of 27 % against what i could see him playing like this with..

Thoughts are welcome.

• 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      I think your play is ok. I don't like calling because I think we have to fold a lot of turn cards then and can only really play A or Q on the turn. I don't think he has 8x here as I think he would be betting bigger. By raising I think you get rid of the random bluffs a lot and sometimes he might even fold low pocket pairs. When he shoves I think he either has a PP (which you most likely have two overcards to) or he has Ax/KQ type hands - which you are way ahead of. And the fact that you're getting 4 to 1 certainly makes it a call.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you have more information on his line you can make better decisions, without reads i don't mind the play, raising donkbets is usually the way to go. Depending on the opponent since any raise is committing you might want to simply shove over the donkbet tho, as they will interpret it as strength and might lay down hands they wouldn't against a smaller raise.

Hope it helps.