[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR versus Shortstack (2 hands)

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 449897
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $23.45
      MP1: $7.67
      Hero (MP2): $46.22
      CO: $12.46
      BTN: $12.50
      SB: $4.40
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $32.30

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with A :club: J :club:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.60, 4 folds, MP1 calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.55) 5 :heart: 9 :heart: Q :spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $5.07, Hero ??????

Villain;

Second hand;

Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 449903
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP1: $23.45
      MP2: $4.15
      Hero (CO): $48.97
      BTN: $12.46
      SB: $12.50
      BB: $4.65
      UTG: $5.00
      UTG+1: $33.05

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q :club: T :heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.60) 6 :heart: 7 :heart: 7 :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1 (Bad Idea?), UTG+1 folds

Turn: ($4.60) A :heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.00, Hero ????? Any point in calling T high FD?
  • 2 replies
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      On the first hand i'd fold, as you are only beating a bluff. I think the interesting thing is whether to ISO raise the short stack or not. Obviously calling could suck if someone else decides to squeeze behind you. I think shoving could be the answer as judging by his stats AJs is way ahead of his range. Would be interested to see what the judge thinks though.

On the second one i also think the pre-flop play is interesting because this time he has even less money. Even if you hit your hand you're not going to win much unless the UTG limper pays you off. Again i'd have to fold the flop and i'm definately not calling the turn either. I'd find it hard to draw to the T high flush when i could win a possible 100bb let alone 30bb.

Looking at the stats it is obvious he is a maniac so there is no point in doubling him up so he can donate your money to someone who shows him a hand.

GL

James
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jxb1977
      On the first hand i'd fold, as you are only beating a bluff. I think the interesting thing is whether to ISO raise the short stack or not. Obviously calling could suck if someone else decides to squeeze behind you. I think shoving could be the answer as judging by his stats AJs is way ahead of his range. Would be interested to see what the judge thinks though.

On the second one i also think the pre-flop play is interesting because this time he has even less money. Even if you hit your hand you're not going to win much unless the UTG limper pays you off. Again i'd have to fold the flop and i'm definately not calling the turn either. I'd find it hard to draw to the T high flush when i could win a possible 100bb let alone 30bb.

Looking at the stats it is obvious he is a maniac so there is no point in doubling him up so he can donate your money to someone who shows him a hand.

GL

James
      +1
      Shove pf with AJs is fine, since you likely get called by worse hands and you don´t have to call flop shove
      On that board I´d fold, since don´t think you´re ahead enough times or get correct odds with A high
      call QT is ok, I think you have option either raise/calling flop or folding.
      probably fold is a little better, since I doubt that player woudl even fold K high there