Sharkscope

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I notice that not everyone's stats are available on this site. How many people block their stats? Do you have to pay to do so? And, would you recommend blocking?

Arguments for and against?

Thanks,
      Tim
  • 16 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I don't know how people get it blocked. Presumably, you pay, and then have that facility.

Would be worth doing. But of course, that is a read. If you pay and want to block your stats, generally, you are a winner, and probably a good one as well.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      You only need to ask to be removed from the database (it means you can't view your stats either). Go to the FAQ and check question "Can I be removed from the database?"
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LgWz
      You only need to ask to be removed from the database (it means you can't view your stats either). Go to the FAQ and check question "Can I be removed from the database?"
      Yep, this.

There's no charge to remove and I always do it as a matter of course.
      Why give your competitors any information on you when you don't have to.

I always keep full records of my own game anyway (just via Excel), so I really don't miss my own stats.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks guys - all done.

(Just have to hope they don't all do it ;p )
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Actually it is almost better to stay public in sharkscope, because people who use sharkscope are most likely regs and you don't want to play against regs. So it is good for your game quality.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      yeah i did remove my stats but i like looking at them sometimes and also i like bragging haha.

also very good that regs dont play with other regs so its +EV to show imo
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Also blocking your stats is completely pointless as there are other sites like shark scope where you cant block your stats
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Actually it is almost better to stay public in sharkscope, because people who use sharkscope are most likely regs and you don't want to play against regs. So it is good for your game quality.
      THIS

only block your stats if they suck
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Also blocking your stats is completely pointless as there are other sites like shark scope where you cant block your stats

? :)

We were talking about Sharkscope. And we've established you can block your stats. Which I have.

I disagree that there's no benefit to blocking your stats. I don't only use S/scope to find out who's winning. Any reg who plays large numbers of tables and pushes loose in the later stages and plays tight in the early phase can be assumed, a priori, to be likely to be decent. If he's removed his stats from s/scope I take this as further evidence that he's probably good.

I don't belive losing players would care about their image enough to block from S/scope. If they really cared, they'd read some articles and stop playing so badly. If a reg goes onto S/scope to look me up (because he suspects I'm decent) and sees that I've blocked he knows that I know about S'scope and took the trouble to do so and so he should assume I'm decent and avoid me if he doesn't want to play against regs. But I don't want to give out more info about myself than necessary - deception is key to success in poker, after all.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by Tim64

? :)

We were talking about Sharkscope. And we've established you can block your stats. Which I have.

Yes but what is the point when I can go to top shark and look you up on there where you can't block your stats....
      Thats why there is no point imo
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ahh. I see what you mean. Erm...no point I guess :D

Actually, thinking about it, I'd never heard of top shark - on my way there now - so maybe other regs haven't either.

But, yeah, basically you've trashed my whole argument. Thanks. :rolleyes:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      haha hes good at that isnt he.
    • Snarf85
      Snarf85
      Bronze
      Top Shark is quite useful - you can search as much as you like for free instead of just the 5 free searches. It misses quite a lot of games compared to Sharkscope though.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Ahh. I see what you mean. Erm...no point I guess :D

Actually, thinking about it, I'd never heard of top shark - on my way there now - so maybe other regs haven't either.

Sorry Tim did'nt mean to rain on your paraide :f_biggrin:
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      haven´t heard of it before as well :D
      ty :)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lpdlamei