[NL2-NL10] NL5 84o

• michaelqian
      Hi all

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 8.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.17) 3, 8, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, CO calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.62) A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP3 folds, CO raises to $6.38(All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Can't quite remember his stats, but he was a fairly loose player. I just didn't know how to react to his out of the blue shove. Advice?

I'm guessing maybe A3, A4 or A8? Or maybe a set slowplayed?

Thanks a lot

Final Pot: $0.92.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

No idea, fairly loose isn't really helpful. You have loose preflop 90/0 guys you'll never see shove there without AA, you have nitty preflop 12/2 guys you'll see go insane postflop with any draw they pick up. He could be reacting to your bet sizing and suddenly jamming diamonds/spades because you look weak, he could be very happy to have TPGK after floating the flop with Ax. Some players will even show up with something like 99 in that spot, suddenly the turn got all scary and they don't know what to do either, so they jam. Who knows.

I'd assume most players slowplaying something would continue to do so on the turn, so i'd say it's more likely the turn changed something for him. Maybe he binked two pairs tho we have some blockers, A3/A4/A8 'make sense'. 52 isn't impossible either. I'd probably be haunted by the idea that he just hit TPGK after floating a pure A-high or the Ad and call it off anyway, but with the crappy odds we're getting folding is probably a better choice. If the only read you managed to pick up on him is "fairly loose", you likely didn't see him go nuts postflop before that.

Hope it helps.