[NL2-NL10] AKo nl10

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($7.84)
      CO ($11.51)
      Hero (SB) ($10)
      MP ($13.84)
      Button ($5.30)
      UTG ($2)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      UTG bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises $1.60, 2 folds, MP calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.70) 2, 10, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.64, MP calls $2.64

Turn: ($8.98) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.76 (All-In), MP calls $5.76

River: ($20.50) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.50

It was second hand with villian so he was unknown. Firstly I know my betsizing sucks cause my cbet was probably to high. I couldn't put him in any range but it could be any pocket pairs probably some big hands too but I didn't expect him to coldcall KK+ so propably my flushdraw + overcards wasn't dead on Turn unless He floped set so then I am drawing dead.I didn't expect him to play with SC especially with my K blocker. Is this worth to bet the Turn considering that the pot is so big on the Turn??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends a lot on the player and what he's calling you with both preflop and on the flop.

If he's a decent tag his range there is probably very tight, something like 88-JJ/AQ. He's only folding AQ to a flop c-bet, but he'll likely fold 88-99 to a turn shove. Point being you're better off even check/calling one bet on the flop unless you plan to shove the turn after c-betting.

If he's a bad tag he'll call with any pocket pair and pretty broadways, so c-betting has more merit it should fold out more hands. Hard to say whether you have fold equity shoving the turn since these players have a hard time folding without a scarecard coming.

If he's some fish he'll call with an even wider range preflop and might even peel the flop with overcards, and it's impossible to say whether he'll fold anything to a turn shove. I'd probably still c-bet the flop if i don't know his tendencies just to fold out trash hands and pick up the pot, but i likely wouldn't shove the turn.

Whatever you choose, the flop is dry so you don't need to c-bet so big. Making it around $1.8 is already plenty, and it sets up a potsize shove on the turn that has more fold equity against tags than the 2/3 you ended up with as played.

Hope it helps.