[NL2-NL10] KQs nl10sh turn semibluff

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($10.20)
      CO ($34.59)
      Button ($5.48)
      Hero (MP) ($10)
      UTG ($13.41)
      BB ($10.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, K
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 2, 6 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) 5 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.40, Hero raises $9.10 (All-In), UTG calls $7.70

River: ($20.15) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.15

Villian is 25/13/2.5 (VPIP/PFR/AF)after 526 hands with Cbet 65%.
      On flop when he c-bet I knew that I was behind so I decided to try to bluff him. After 2nd barrell his range is probably sth like any pocket pair but he has probably some kind of overpair cause with PFr 13% He probably didn't hit a set. On Turn I tried to represent a set. Is my line worth anything or I represent here only a bluff so it is only stupid??...
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you had 4x or a set there, would you just shove it? I think most people capable of asking themselves that question would likely answer that you wouldn't, so your hand looks exactly like what it is: some spazz. I'd much rather make a smaller raise and commit to shoving any river. Problem being you can't make it so that you have fold equity on the river unless you minraise the turn.

For that reason i probably would just call again, tho minraising might look even stronger to good players. However villain here seems way too cally to be a good player, and you shouldn't expect other players to be able to fold an overpair at nl10 ever, half of them will call you down, the other half might just shove the turn.

Hope it helps.