[NL2-NL10] Nl5 AKo

• amplifyd
      Had no hands on player, I don't really think my push here was v.good (I did it because I was trying to play too many tables at once and sort of auto did it) but if it not really a push would it be suitable to be pushing if say I had AsKs and the flop was Ad7s6s? This is all against player I have no hands on.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 6 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) 7, 6, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, SB raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $7.26, SB calls $3.65.

Turn: ($12.46) J (2 players)

River: ($12.46) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.46.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah Kc).
      SB shows three of a kind, sevens(7s 7c).

SB wins with three of a kind, sevens(7s 7c).
  • 2 replies
    • painterman007
      Unless you know that he will reraise you on the flop with a weaker ace, middle pair or flushdraw i think this would be a fold.
      Even though... this is a tough laydown for me too.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you think he can check/raise some draws or worse made hands your line is okay.

That being said, he had a full stack at the start of the hand even tho he just paid the BB. Feels like autorebuy to me, which means a reg most likely. And he called your UTG raise from the SB:

- he's not calling preflop with a lot of weaker Ax hands, maybe AQ only, and if he is, he's not going to check/raise the flop with them.

- he's not calling preflop out of position with tons of suited connectors, and if he has those sometimes, he shouldn't expect to have much fold equity on an A-high flop, so he might not even check/raise a flushdraw/straight draw.

- he is often calling with any pocket pair to setmine, and he will 100% check/raise if he hits, check/fold if he misses.

So like painterman007 said, it's tough, but it's a spot where against a player who's not a fish, your AK equals A2, and as sad as it is, you're likely better off folding it.

Hope it helps.