About betfair

• Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      My first impresions were really bad becouse of poorly designed software witch is hard to get used to! Also there are not that much of players and full-ring tables there are rare!
      But there is one golden thing about it...0.05/0.10 and up Heads-up tables...at most sites you can find only starting from 0.25/0.50 but betfair is different! So if you want to master heads-up game but the limits were to high just like for me then this is good place to start..and maybe play agenst me to :D
  • 13 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      How many NL100 SH tables can you find usually?

And how does the rakeback + bonus work? Is the bonus deducted from the rake you generated? Like, the total you get is "bonus released + (rake gen. - bonus released)*rb%" Is that how it works?

Cause if it is, I assume you can get over 50% rb while releasing the bonus!
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano

And how does the rakeback + bonus work? Is the bonus deducted from the rake you generated? Like, the total you get is "bonus released + (rake gen. - bonus released)*rb%" Is that how it works?

+1 Bump
      and How many NL25-50 sH tables is there?
    • AAkthxbye
      AAkthxbye
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      Originally posted by caltabiano

+1 Bump
      and How many NL25-50 sH tables is there?
      At the moment (Saturday night, European time):

NL50 6max: 35 tables (full or 1 short)
      NL20 6max: 17 tables (full or 1 short)
    • Janczarek88
      Janczarek88
      Bronze
      is it possible to play there sss?

how many tables at limits NL 25-NL100 are there? about 19-1cet tell me the maximum ammount please

thanks in advance :)
    • AAkthxbye
      AAkthxbye
      Bronze
      I believe SSS is doable at Betfair, but I've only seen a couple (good) shortstackers in the shorthanded tables. I haven't played full ring at Betfair yet. I guess the problem is that rake is contributed, so rakeback and bonuses won't be that kind to shortstackers.

Tables @ 00:45 CET (01:45 EET) Tuesday:

NL25: FR 3, SH 17
      NL50: FR 4, SH 30
      NL100: FR 1 (6/9 players), SH 31

Peak hours appear to be about 21-23 CET.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      What about the bonus? How does it work? Do you get rakeback along with it?
    • AAkthxbye
      AAkthxbye
      Bronze
      As far as I can tell, the bonus is deducted from the rake, but you also get rakeback.

So this would mean that if you rake say $200 during a time period, you get about 2000 Betfair points, which gives you $50 of bonus (400 points for $10). This would be deducted from the rake, and you'd get rakeback from the remaining part. So $200-$50 = $150 * 0.3 = $45.

So overall you'd get $95 back from $200 rake, creating an overall percentage of 47.5%. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it.

Also, if you rake around $3000 per month (30000 Betfair points), you'd be entitled to 40% rakeback and your overall percentage would be about 55% I guess.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      This is pretty awesome =D I'll definitely consider moving there for a bit of bonus whoring :D
    • AAkthxbye
      AAkthxbye
      Bronze
      Yeah, the bonus and rakeback are cool, but there are some fundamental downsides to Betfair as well, at least in my opinion. Here's just a few:

- The software lacks some basic functionality such as auto rebuys or auto top-ups (meaning if you go broke, you have to sitout a hand to reload)
      - You cannot see your balance from the software, instead clicking 'My account' opens a website in your browser and you have to log in again to see your info
      - You cannot follow the progress on your bonus anywhere, you only see the amount of Betfair points (updated once every 24h)
      - The window structure is weird, as the buttons are on the right and take up a lot of extra space
      - The software also seems to hog a lot of resources, my computer starts lagging from just two tables
      - The software utilizes DirectX, which means that in Windows XP any HUD will flicker when on top of the table window. Only way to avoid the flickering is to move the stat boxes outside the table window. This takes even more space and multitabling gets even harder.

You can find loooooong threads on Betfair issues on other forums. This is the first poker software ever that has caused me serious tilt. I've done ok in the tables, but I'm moving away from Betfair as soon as possible. If they some day update the software and fix at least some of the issues, I'll gladly be back.
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AAkthxbye

- You cannot see your balance from the software, instead clicking 'My account' opens a website in your browser and you have to log in again to see your info
      This one is as advantage for me. ;)
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AAkthxbye
      You can find loooooong threads on Betfair issues on other forums. This is the first poker software ever that has caused me serious tilt. I've done ok in the tables, but I'm moving away from Betfair as soon as possible. If they some day update the software and fix at least some of the issues, I'll gladly be back.
      Probably the same for me :(
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      How is the traffic on HU tables? And even if you dont multitable then software tilts so badly?
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Originally posted by anduke
      How is the traffic on HU tables? And even if you dont multitable then software tilts so badly?
      At most limts there are 3-4 HU tables playing on avarage! For multitabling software is bit lagy if you have single core pc you might have problems playing 4 tables at once! Also its hard to multitable because bad table design they take a lot of place(extra space of table for all action buttons on right not below the table as usual)! But i have been multitabling for 4 tables and got used to that!