Bronze
      Known players:

SB: $10.00
      Hero: $10.00

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 :spade: , J :spade:
      7folds, SB raises to $2, Hero calls.

Flop: ($4) 4 :club: , 9 :spade: , T :diamond:

SB bets $2, Hero raises to 8$ (all in), SB calls.

Well I am playing at cake, and I do not have HEM, so I might not have made this hand clear? the numbers are not exectly right, but we where both small stacks.

Hero thinks SB is making a steal and Hero calls knowing Hero will be in possition postflop. SB makes a cbet and Hero raises all in with OESD.

I'm fairly sure the postflop play is good? but I'm not sure about the preflop play, If we had been bigstacks, the expected value would have been higher and the call profitable in the long run?

I can post the SBs hand and the results if thats relevant?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Oke PWS I advise you to do the following thing:
      1) Download Hold'em Manager, use the trial and import the cake hands there
      2) Search for your hand at Hold'em manager and right click on it and select ''View raw handhistory of this hand''

3) Now you see a new screen popping up with the raw hand history. Then you go to this site , click here and convert the hand

4) If I am correct, you can post it then here so I can assess your hand because I already was confused that you called a 4bb raise with J:s8 :D

Thanks in advance,
      Gerv
    • PWS
      PWS
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($52.45)
      Hero (SB) ($8.75)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($8)
      MP ($33.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, 5
      3 folds, Hero bets $2, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 5, 10, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $8 (All-In), Hero calls $4.75 (All-In)

Turn: ($17.50) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($17.50) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $17.50

thank you for the advise Gerv.

its seems I did remember a few detailes wrong, but it was intentional that I wrote his hand as mine, because I wanted to be sure he made a mistake preflop. hope thats okay.

I think I did make a mistake by calling him on the flop? my preflop raise was ofcourse a steal, and wenn he called me I made a cbet, maybe too small? I do tend to only make ½pot or slightly higher cbets.

but was I committed at the flop? I have 4,75 left and the pot is 12,75, thats 2,68:1 in pot odds, is that enought to call? I did beleave he was bying the pot, because I do make a lot of cbets.