pokerstrategy

Bronze
      I started playing poker a month ago when I registered on pokerstars and made my first and only 10$ deposit. While I was playing, I actually was able to see my bankroll growing pretty quickly and now I'm over 100$. Sounds great thus far.
      The problem I'm facing - I recently was told by a friend about this site and the bonuses it offers. I was (and still am) amazed of the wide range of poker strategy related information one can access here. Actually, that was the main reason I signed up on this site. I registered on FTP and received my starting capital. Only now I can't figure out whether to keep playing on pokerstars or start playing on FTP. FTP would gain me strategy points which I could then use on this wonderful site, but then again, I have only 50$ which even are not cleared yet. Furthermore, I like pokerstars more. So I have a dilemma here - pokerstars or FTP? Just wanted to hear your thoughts and ideas.
      By the way, is it perhaps somehow possible to undo my FTP choice and somehow connect me to pokerstrategy.com via Pokerstars? I don't need the 50$ if that is a problem.
      Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars91 and welcome to the community,

Glad you like it here, we all think it's great too, your in good company ;)

You should of course play wherever you are happiest, but there's no harm in playing on both. I do, but prefer Full Tilt personally so spend most time there.

Unfortunately poker platforms are unwilling to retrack existing accounts and so you will only be able to earn PokerStrategy points on your tracked accounts set up through PokerStrategy.

As you have already indicated however, PokerStrategy provide members with superb added value in terms of strategy, media, coaching, forum, rake races & ad hoc promotions though, so it's worth playing a little on your tracked account occasionally and increasing your existing status.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment in your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
      Bronze
      Great reply, thanks :)
      One quick question though - how long exactly could it take to get to a decent, say, gold or platinum level here, provided I play occasionaly on FT NL10? Not sure whether it would pay off.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Great reply, thanks :)
      One quick question though - how long exactly could it take to get to a decent, say, gold or platinum level here, provided I play occasionaly on FT NL10? Not sure whether it would pay off.
      I personally got up to Silver pretty quickly whilst on NL10, just by playing a little.... often.
      I've heard other members getting gold+ on NL10 very quickly by playing a lot, but I personally didn't get gold until moving up to NL25.

To be perfectly honest, the strategy guides are structured well and don't burden you with too much technical stuff until you've grasped the basics.
      The bronze ones will help you get to grips with NL10, once your bankroll has risen sufficiently for NL25 - the Silver+ will then help you to refine your game and aim higher etc.

They are all in a logical order.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to shout, we have lots of highly experienced and very friendly members here who will be happy to help you :)

Best regards,

Bart
      Bronze
      Thanks a million! :)